Sign in to follow this  
mjpadilla

Trouble moving units

How can I create a waypoint? I am creating a recon mission where the player calls for tanks and air support, I have the moving with the commandmove and set the behaviour to "COMBAT", however, they come to the player but do not attack, except for the choppers. I was wondering if I cancreate by script a waypont for the tanks to search and destroy the units that I now know the positions? Any help, please?

Have you tried to click(I think it its..its right at the top) the "Move" window in the create waypoint screen??? When you do - it pulls down different types of waypoints you can choose. Make their last waypoint "seek and destroy" that should do it

Yes, thank you. I've don this, but the units go immediately. I want to have the units move to a location I detect, hence I need to create a new waypoint by script. Is this possible?

You can use the Move command for that:

group Move [x,y,z]

e.g. mygroup Move (GetPos player)

Spinor

Or you could use the setWPpos command to create the waypoint. I've never used this, but I read about it in the official command reference guide, you might want to look it up yourself.

Thanks. The SetWPpos gives me an error. Maybe I need to look at different coordinates. The OFP editing guide states x,y,z but on the map all I see is either two letters follow by a number or hidden grids that give me wierd numbers when I use the hint to show the position values. I'm not sure what I should use. On the other hand I have a marker on the location where I want to move, maybe I'll try (tgrp setWPpos getmarkerpos "ECF") where tgrp is my tank group and ECF is my marker. This works wiht (t1t1 commandmove getmarkerpos "ECF") but it does not work with the group. Any ideas?