Sign in to follow this  
462cid

FoW and Iron Front 60mm mortar issues

When I use Faces of War and Iron Front (Lite) and required add-ons,  I put down a 'turret', a US Army 60mm mortar (Independent Force) and set up a name for the unit as normal and a trigger to make it fire at the trigger as normal and the conditions are met, nothing happens. Will not fire. However, if I then simply delete that unit and then place a 'turret', an Mk6 mortar (Independent Force) and give it the same name as the unit I just deleted (no change whatsoever to the Trigger), it will fire. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over. I use this text:

Mortar1 commandArtilleryFire [getposatl (thislist select 0), "8Rnd_82mm_Mo_shells", 6];

I thought maybe, well, it's not an 82mm mortar. How dumb can I be?  So I try 60mm. I get a bin/ error when the trigger is activated. In Spectator mode, I can see the 60mm mortar act as if it will fire before this error (rotates to target and sets elevation).

What is so special about that 60mm mortar? I have tried the Iron Front M2 60mm under 'turret', and then I tried the FoW M2 mortar (ADV) and M2 mortar under 'mortars'. Same results for all.

The IFA3 mortars now have ammo handling which could be causing your problems and FOW have a similar system.

Your best bet for a solution is ask on their dev thread for either of the mods or talk to them on their discords

best of luck