Sign in to follow this  
FAR-Warrior

Integer

Hi,

I have a problem with a script, i want to have an integer of a result...

For example :

Time = 10.585

Result must be 10

How to do that ??

Somehow I always thought % and mod returned the remainder portion. confused.gif

EDIT: I would have tried </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Time = 10.585; Time = Time - (Time mod 1);

<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FAR-Warrior @ Nov. 27 2002,20:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And if Time is a variable, like _time in a script confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Forcing me to think? I think not. biggrin.gif

copy it into another variable... no more problems.

_myTime = _time;

code code code

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Nov. 28 2002,01:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Somehow I always thought % and mod returned the remainder portion.  confused.gif

EDIT: I would have tried </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Time = 10.585; Time = Time - (Time mod 1);

<span id='postcolor'><span id='postcolor'>

OOPS! my bad! bn880 is correct....  sad.gif

I edited a previous post of mine:

Say I want to round a number (let's say to three decimal places). I could just use:

_x = (_x + 0.0005 - ((_x + 0.0005) % 0.001))

This rounds _x up perfectly well if _x is positive. But instead, let's say _x is negative. Now, I may want to round down rather than up (for the sake of symmetry), so I use this:

_x = (_x - 0.0005 - ((_x - 0.0005) % 0.001))

The problem is I have to test _x first (with a condition) to see if it is positive or negative, and conditions are very slow in OFP. I'm trying to do it without using a condition - in order to speed things up.

There is a way to do this - you simply avoid rounding a variable when it goes negative in the first place. Just add an integer value to it large enough that the variable will always be positive. Now do the rounding. Then subtract the same integer from it to return to the original negative value.

Now you have rounded symmetrically without an extra (slow) condition.

To round a number to integer value:

_x = (_x + 0.5 - ((_x + 0.5) % 1))

Prospero