Sign in to follow this  
darkcochon

FREETRACK - how to make it work very easily (wiimote))

Hey there,

I've found a very easy way to make Freetrack works with A3.

First off: be sure everything works great and smooth; Try on Arma2 it works out of the box.
Then on A3 the process is the following (order don't mattter)

• Open Freetrack and start
  • Open A3
  • Open OpenTrack and start - you can close it
  • Alt Tab back and enjoy (have to do it at every launch)

Note: I use TiR output, I had to increase sensitivity for A3. Be sure to go to ||CONTROLLER|| and hit [REFRESH] if Tir (or FT) don't show up then it's not working for now.

COntext: My goal here was to achieve Head Tracking using a WiiMote to offload calculation to the wiimote. Issues here: WiiMote has a quite narrow cone, moreover on 100 fps 55 goes to trash... Batteries at eaten in around few days, so you need a pack of 4. The WiiMote cannot be plugged in the computer without specific hardware. That will require you to use a BlueTooth stack to communicate. I've tried Win10 one (upgraded aswell); then BlueSoleil shareware; then Toshiba one. As you can't pair a WiiMote easily the first 2 are useless. The third one is just awesome.

Conclusion: I've bought a ps3 eye instead because of the narrow angle. Even though it is incredibly immersive! I've played hours on Arma2 campaign (thing I never do usually)