Mynock

Autosave Game Hang

Recently having an issue where any time my game tries to autosave (either in the editor or in a mission) it hangs forever, yet task manager still shows the game as responding. I've tried being patient, but 30min seems a little excessive at this point, that's the longest I've waited so far for the autosave to complete, but it won't. Happening consistently every time. Any suggestions?

I've tried all the usual solutions. Defragged, verified the cache, rebooted, etc etc etc. Was working fine a few days ago, even after the LoW 1.76 update, then yesterday it started. If I force the application to close it doesn't throw anything since the task manager still shows it as "running" I only get the generic "exited in an unusual manner" windows message, not the Arma pop-up window that allows you to print a report.

Edit: to be more specific and to avoid confusion, by autosave in the editor I mean while test playing a mission, not the editor doing the autosave function of the mission.sqm.

I might be on to a solution now. Need to do a little more testing to verify, but I found a common theme that has to do with the new modules to hide terrain objects causing the autosave to hang. Assuming I can confirm it with more testing I'll submit a report or whatever to BI. I've been playing around with them in several missions, and then I'm assuming some of the new LoW campaign uses them, so that's why I think it's the common theme causing problems for me all of a sudden.