Sign in to follow this  
pulse5

Conversion tools for .p3d files...

Im not exactly sure where to post this, nor was i able to find any topic in the forum about this...

Basically i am looking for is file conversion tools for the game's P3D format..

What i need is a tool that converts a .P3D file into either a Lightwave file (.LWO) or a 3DMax/Gmax File (.3DS/.MAX...etc) or a .OBJ file (which i can import into Lightwave or Max..)

AND

Also be able to convert either of them back into the .P3D file which i can use ingame...

So far i havent really found any tools that can do this, ive checked most popular sites with no luck - yet. But ill keep looking, but hopefully someone here could help me out.

you can convert to obj and open in max and convert to the format you want then again in obj or 3ds

Yes.. i know you can convert it into OBJ, but im looking for a specific program that can do this.

So far i found a program called "unofficial OBJ2P3D compiler by FlipeR" and it lets me convert most P3D to OBJ, but it does it in a weird way... since it splits up the model into some 12 different ones, most of them differ in some way or another.... Plus its a crude version of the program, meaning he doesnt support it, it may cause problems... etc... So if there is a more solid program out there, i need it.