Sign in to follow this  
The Spirit of Morpheus

Does my Edition of Arma 3 include a copy of ARMA: Cold War Assault?

Hello folks,

When I purchased Arma 3 over 2 years ago, I specifically sought for the Limited Edition (the one that contains a printed map of Altis & Stratis, a keycard, a detailed handbook, a keyboard layout, the original soundtrack and a free copy of ARMA: Cold War Assault for redemption on Steam). According to the store where I purchased it, it's the "Arma 3 Deluxe Edition" - but once my order arrived, it was merely a standard DVD box (AFAIR the true Limited / Deluxe Edition of Arma 3 comes in paper box outer case where the DVD box is stored inside) and it did contain the printed maps, the keycard and the keyboard layout (as well as the tactical guide and soundtrack in both in digital form) but the "handbook" was merely a thin piece of paper with few pages (it was not as thick as the handbook seen in the Limited Edition footage, to be honest!) and I couldn't find a serial code of ARMA: CWA anywhere inside the game box!

I doubt that my copy of A3 is the true Deluxe Edition - but it could also in deed be it. So, where is the serial of ARMA: CWA? :dontgetit:

Thx for help,

TSOM  

11 minutes ago, The Spirit of Morpheus said:

Nobody wants to tell anything?? :suspicious:

TSOM

You say you purchased Arma3 two years ago? Why have you only just posted about this issue now? Where did you buy the game? Have you contacted support? https://support.bistudio.com/ 

I didn't install A3 immediately after I bought it (AFAIR) - and when I did, I didn't care about A: CWA (nor did I care about A2)... until a few weeks ago. Now I have A1 & A2 + Addons (purchased them a couple of weeks ago). I didn't straight buy Arma X: Anniversary Edition, because I recalled that A: CWA was already included in the Deluxe Edition of A3. Now, A:CWA is on sale in Steam store - and I will purchase it, if I have not already a copy of it included in my A3 purchase. That's why I started this topic... :f:

About question #2: I purchased the game online on a German hardware company (yeah, they also sell software & games...) and I still have the receipt of the order, that clearly states "Arma 3 Deluxe Edition"... (but I still doubt that, because my copy comes in a cheap DVD box only whereas AFAIR the "true" Deluxe Edition comes with a paper box outer case)

TSOM 

2 hours ago, The Spirit of Morpheus said:

About question #2: I purchased the game online on a German hardware company (yeah, they also sell software & games...) and I still have the receipt of the order, that clearly states "Arma 3 Deluxe Edition"... (but I still doubt that, because my copy comes in a cheap DVD box only whereas AFAIR the "true" Deluxe Edition comes with a paper box outer case)

Well if that's the case, to find out what happened to your code you will need to go back to the place you purchased the game from. 

35 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

Well if that's the case, to find out what happened to your code you will need to go back to the place you purchased the game from. 

Isn't the code stored somewhere inside the game case? Or is it stored digitally somewhere (e.g. my Arma 3 game folder) or do I have look somewhere in my Steam Client?

R2

49 minutes ago, The Spirit of Morpheus said:

Isn't the code stored somewhere inside the game case? Or is it stored digitally somewhere (e.g. my Arma 3 game folder) or do I have look somewhere in my Steam Client?

I would have imagined the code would have been sent to you via email if it was a digital copy. Its will not be in Arma3 game folder, nor in steam as the game would have had to been linked to your account and if that was the case you would be able to install and play it.

Or alternatively, CWA is on sale in the BIS Store for 70 pence. - https://store.bistudio.com/category/arma-series

Arma:Cwa granted with my Arma3 supporter edition is stored in my steam objects.