Not very detailed. But might get you started.

uul1cwvR.jpgaSjby9W2.jpgEUu6Weey.jpgZz59Ybyd.jpg

One thing I didn't make clear, is that you can have your own mesh on a separate layer if you want.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Macser said:

Not very detailed. But might get you started.

uul1cwvR.jpgaSjby9W2.jpgEUu6Weey.jpgZz59Ybyd.jpg

Thank you , so iv transfered the Vertex's and that but everytime i export it and go to open it in object builder i get this and i dunno why that is QrviYx1.png

vspEkHP.png

Did you select the object and tag it, so it's available to the exporter?

741Nzux4.jpg

Make sure you read the manual that comes with Al's addon. :smile_o:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Macser said:

Did you select the object and tag it, so it's available to the exporter?

741Nzux4.jpg

Make sure you read the manual that comes with Al's addon. :smile_o:

No i didn't thanks for pointing that out but when i import my vest it doesn't give me the option to check that bit so that i can export it into object builder 

j9HIlr9h.png

Well, Al might be more qualified to answer that. 

How did you go about installing the addon, out of curiosity?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Macser said:

Well, Al might be more qualified to answer that. 

How did you go about installing the addon, out of curiosity?

downloaded it , extracted the rar file inside the rar file and then went into blender and went to preferences addons and installed it that way 

Rar? You mean the 7z file? And you extracted the .zip?

It should be compatible with Blender 2.76 and up. Seeing as you're getting no error messages, it's hard to diagnose. You could post in the toolbox thread and see if Al can offer some advice.

• Like 1

Rar? You mean the 7z file? And you extracted the .zip?

It should be compatible with Blender 2.76 and up. Seeing as you're getting no error messages, it's hard to diagnose. You could post in the toolbox thread and see if Al can offer some advice.

Whats the Toolbox thread ?? iv never heard of it ? 

and i think il try make it through blender and make it a arma file that way :) 

Fair enough. But it would be less hassle to get the toolbox working properly.

This is the thread for Al's arma toolbox. I'm not saying he'll have the answer. But there's no harm in asking.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Macser said:

Fair enough. But it would be less hassle to get the toolbox working properly.

This is the thread for Al's arma toolbox. I'm not saying he'll have the answer. But there's no harm in asking.

I got it to make the arma option bit show up , i just added a modifier and then removed that modifier and it came up and now its loading into object builder perfectly :) 

It's been a long time since I've had to install the addon. Must've needed to "initialise" in some way. That's one less problem at least. :smile_o:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Macser said:

It's been a long time since I've had to install the addon. Must've needed to "initialise" in some way. That's one less problem at least. :smile_o:

Yeah what pissing about with it last night to see if i could get it working and got it working but i think i still have to weigh the object though im not to sure tbh

You definitely need the weights. Otherwise your item ends up getting distorted or buried in the ground.

Unless you mean tidy them up. A rig is handy for that. Even a simple one. So you can test out how it deforms before you export it. The bones of the rig/armature just need the same names that appear in the named selections.

If you want to try it, there's a rig I created a while ago that seems to get a bit of use. It's not perfect. It was meant to make life a bit easier for people trying out animation, that didn't have much experience with rigging. But it's also a handy way of checking your mesh deformation, as a side benefit.

2 hours ago, Macser said:

You definitely need the weights. Otherwise your item ends up getting distorted or buried in the ground.

Unless you mean tidy them up. A rig is handy for that. Even a simple one. So you can test out how it deforms before you export it. The bones of the rig/armature just need the same names that appear in the named selections.

If you want to try it, there's a rig I created a while ago that seems to get a bit of use. It's not perfect. It was meant to make life a bit easier for people trying out animation, that didn't have much experience with rigging. But it's also a handy way of checking your mesh deformation, as a side benefit.

How exactly do i weigh my vest thing because i have no idea how to do it and there is no video on youtube i can find on how to do it 

That's what I was showing you at the top of the page. That's how you get the weights onto your mesh with the minimum of fuss. If there's any particular point you're not sure of, mention it.

So how would i get my mesh/vest thingy to look like the vest bit inside of a arma rig thing because i have this :

9MUz1G7.png

But i have literally no idea how to get it to this :

HUdC2NW.png

I actually don't know how to do that either, I'd like to know, it would make things much simpler to weigh :P

7 hours ago, wendyvonbraun said:

I actually don't know how to do that either, I'd like to know, it would make things much simpler to weigh :P

Iv been watching a few youtube videos about weights and that and think i may have found out how i would do that , this video literally explains how to do the weight transfer thing :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2_9uicFJXw&t=204s

Yeah. That's essentially the same thing I did above. The only difference is the use of the data transfer modifier. Which has other options besides that. 

I wasn't quite sure what you were asking about in the post above, where you mentioned getting it to "look" like the example vest. You mean scaling it down? 

5 hours ago, Macser said:

Yeah. That's essentially the same thing I did above. The only difference is the use of the data transfer modifier. Which has other options besides that. 

I wasn't quite sure what you were asking about in the post above, where you mentioned getting it to "look" like the example vest. You mean scaling it down? 

Im starting to get to grips with the weighing thing , not really sure how its ment to go sometimes but i genarlly just need some help doing it lol