So I am currently in the process of including the dynamic loadout/ plyons to the 3CB helicopters. I have succeed in making the helicopter element work and it takes vanilla pods and racks I am just getting stuck with trying to make my own ones.  I am following the Biki to the letter and a config dump that I have been given as well.  I just don't know if there is something inside the p3ds that I should be doing differently.  Is there likely to be a sample p3d of a weapon pylon released at all? or is that hoping for a little too much.

thanks

Andy

On 6/17/2017 at 4:51 PM, andy1 said:

So I am currently in the process of including the dynamic loadout/ plyons to the 3CB helicopters. I have succeed in making the helicopter element work and it takes vanilla pods and racks I am just getting stuck with trying to make my own ones.  I am following the Biki to the letter and a config dump that I have been given as well.  I just don't know if there is something inside the p3ds that I should be doing differently.  Is there likely to be a sample p3d of a weapon pylon released at all? or is that hoping for a little too much.

Other than the positioning of the pod, and potentially a memory LOD, there is little difference in the p3d's.

Make sure you have the bidirectional mapping between magazine and weapon. The magazine must contain the name of the weapon, and the weapon needs to be able to load the pylon magazine.

This is an example on how I did it in CUP:

class CfgNonAIVehicles
{
	class ProxyWeapon;

class CUP_ProxyPylonPod_LAU_68D_A: ProxyWeapon
    {
        model = "\CUP\Weapons\CUP_Weapons_DynamicLoadout\Hydra\CUP_LAU_68D_A.p3d";
        simulation = "pylonpod";
    };
};

class CfgMagazines {
	class CUP_14Rnd_FFAR_M;
	class CUP_PylonPod_7Rnd_Rocket_FFAR_M: CUP_14Rnd_FFAR_M
	{
		displayName        = "7x Hydra LAU-68D/A";
		model = "\CUP\Weapons\CUP_Weapons_DynamicLoadout\Hydra\CUP_LAU_68D_A.p3d";
		count = 7;
		hardpoints[] = {"DAR", "CUP_NATO_HELO_SMALL", "CUP_NATO_HELO_LARGE"};
		pylonWeapon = "CUP_Vmlauncher_FFAR_veh";
		CUP_PilotControl = 1;
	};
};

class CfgWeapons {
	class CUP_Vmlauncher_FFAR_veh : RocketPods
	{
		magazines[] += {
			CUP_PylonPod_7Rnd_Rocket_FFAR_M,
			CUP_PylonPod_19Rnd_Rocket_FFAR_M			
		};
	};
};

To note here is that the CUP_Vmlauncher_FFAR_veh is the same one that we used previously, just extended for the magazines. Likewise, the CUP_14Rnd_FFAR_M is the original magazine for the launcher, with the relevant information added/modified.

The hardpoints[] and  pylonWeapon are relevant.

If this doesn't help you feel free to contact me privately and I'll send you one of our pods as an example, but there is really nothing special in the p3d.

Thank you for that Alwarren. I have managed to get them working in game. We just however have separate folders and pbos for our vehicles and weapons to allow us to share the weapons across without duplicating too much. My issue now is that the pylons don't appear because they don't have a mod.Cpp file and I am unsure how to set that up. It's all a learning process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, andy1 said:

Thank you for that Alwarren. I have managed to get them working in game. We just however have separate folders and pbos for our vehicles and weapons to allow us to share the weapons across without sublimating too much. My issue now is that the pylons don't appear because they don't have a mod.Cpp file and I am unsure how to set that up. It's all a learning process.

Yeah I saw after I posted my reply that the topic was pretty old and figured you would have found out by now.

If you have separate folders, then you probably have a similar setup as we have in CUP. However, all our weapons, include the vehicle weapons, are in CUP Weapons, and an extra pbo  contains the dynamic loadout stuff.

A mod.cpp shouldn't really have any influence on this. Maybe your pbo dependencies aren't set up correctly?