_leech

Creating a custom version of ace (help)

I'm trying to create my own custom version of ace and i have a few things i need help with:

- After removing a few pbo features and trying to launch the mod i get the message "Platform mismatch, 32-bit only". For some reason i can only run the mod in 32-bit now, so how do i bypass that error message fix it so that it works in 64-bit?

- Which pbo's do i have to delete in order to remove weapon jam? - ace_overheating

- How do i make the original rangefinder show range?

- Remove blastcore smoke - ace_particles

- Removing tap shoulder interaction/option (and stop the ai from automatically tapping shoulders)

Thanks in advance

Ok, jamming was removed be deleting "overheating" pbo's.

Anyone know how to fix this?

8fb2c3bedc644c30af4a6fa6a9af8770.png

Any help is MUCH appreciated

A far as I can tell from the ACE Github, ACE 3 is not yet compatible with A3 64-bit:
https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues/4758

Haven't been able to try myself yet, so I'm operating off what I can see there.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Harzach said:

A far as I can tell from the ACE Github, ACE 3 is not yet compatible with A3 64-bit:

I guess it's not really that important that it runs in 64-bit, i just want to have this error message removed. The original ace don't have this error message of course, so i'm not sure why i'm getting it after removing a few of the features. Does anyone know how to fix this error and make it act like the original ace?

2 hours ago, Harzach said:

Yes it is completely compatible with 64 bit Arma.

Which addons/pbos did you disable?  Some, like advanced ballistics and medical rely on dlls, which would probably cause the problem.  Make sure you have the "ace_something_x64.dll" along with the regular x32 dll.  As for the extensions; make sure you are loading all the pbos that it requires under the same name as well (either check the config.bin for required addons or the rpt's warning messages).

Or do you mean modifying the pbos themselves and that sort of thing?

• Like 2

OK, good to know. The Github ticket is still open, and I am not home to verify, so it was all I had to go on.

10 minutes ago, Savage_Donkey said:

Which addons/pbos did you disable?  Some, like advanced ballistics and medical rely on dlls, which would probably cause the problem.  Make sure you have the "ace_something_x64.dll" along with the regular x32 dll.  As for the extensions; make sure you are loading all the pbos that it requires under the same name as well (either check the config.bin for required addons or the rpt's warning messages).

Or do you mean modifying the pbos themselves and that sort of thing?

Thanks alot. Should i have a x64.dll in my ace folder? The original ace don't have that? I meant separate extension mods like the "placeables" extension for example.

Yes you definitely should (should have been in the download); when was the last time you downloaded a new version?  Latest version is 3.9.2, released sometime in May.  All the dll files should be in the root of the @ace folder along with mod.cpp and all that, not under the addons folder.  

For separate extensions, are you just getting a "Warning Message: Addon 'whatever' requires addon 'ace_something'"?  Unless you want/are allowed to modify the extensions, you're better off including the required pbos into your custom installation.

57 minutes ago, Savage_Donkey said:

Yes you definitely should; when was the last time you downloaded a new version?  Latest version is 3.9.2, released sometime in May.  All the dll files should be in the root of the @ace folder along with mod.cpp and all that, not under the addons folder.  

For separate extensions, are you just getting a "Warning Message: Addon 'whatever' requires addon 'ace_something'"?  Unless you want/are allowed to modify the extensions, you're better off including the required pbos into your custom installation.

My bad. I have the workshop version but apparently i used the files from an old version i had laying in the arma 3 folder and not in the !workshop folder.

Yeah i get the "required dependencies" pop up message. I was not gonna edit or include the extensions, i just wanted my custom version of ace to work with the separate extensions if possible.

Anyways after using the right ace files it loads without any errors.

Also, i'd like to know if anyone know which files to remove / edit in order to make the vanilla rangefinder show range?

Probably ace_fcs.pbo but I'm unsure.  This will give you a list of most features in each pbo file; it should have what you're looking for.

• Like 1

Not that removing .pbos isn't a valid method, but I'm not a fan of it as it seems a bit draconian. IMO it makes more sense to configure ACE to your liking the way it was designed to be - via mission modules or (better) params.

That said, I'm not sure what the relevant params are for the overheating/jamming system, and I don't see an entry in any of the modules. This being ACE, documentation is ... conservative ... so digging up that info might take a minute.

Also, you don't need to edit or delete anything to use the vanilla rangefinder. The default keybind for "Lase Range" is "T."

37 minutes ago, Harzach said:

Not that removing .pbos isn't a valid method, but I'm not a fan of it as it seems a bit draconian. IMO it makes more sense to configure ACE to your liking the way it was designed to be - via mission modules or (better) params.

That said, I'm not sure what the relevant params are for the overheating/jamming system, and I don't see an entry in any of the modules. This being ACE, documentation is ... conservative ... so digging up that info might take a minute.

Also, you don't need to edit or delete anything to use the vanilla rangefinder. The default keybind for "Lase Range" is "T."

Nice i thought it was disabled by ace and that you were forced to use the vector. Somehow my key binding was set to ' .

Anyways i have no problem with removing pbo's if there's features that you want to completely remove and as long as it runs clean.