Sign in to follow this  
obrez

MWA - COOP: 4 and COOP: 6. First two missions of a series.

I've started working on what I want to be a series of (mostly) unrelated co-op missions. My goal with this series is to provide fun scenarios that are accessible and easy to play without taking an entire day to get through. In order to achieve this, I'm designing the missions to do two things:

The first is that I'm making the missions in a way that allows players to get right to it. That means no five minute long helicopter rides followed by 3km runs only to get hit and have to do it all over again. These are not scenarios where you get to play sandbox commander across the whole map with crazy custom scripted systems. While I do enjoy long, hardcore missions like that, sometimes they are more a burden than a blessing if you just want to get a game going with your buds. These are all straight-forward, good old co-ops.

The second thing is that I am making these missions using only original BIS content. Unfortunately, players will still need to download two addons: CBA_3 and CJTF101 Editor which allow me to use some BIS objects that are not available in the editor by default. The CJTF101 Editor addon will not be a requirement for every mission, but it is a handy one to have regardless and honestly, who doesn't already have CBA_3?

I'm also (usually) using objects and equipment that give a more current-day feel than the original, more futuristic ArmA 3 (thank god for those Apex weapons!).

So far I have created two missions and have two more in progress. I do want to be straight-forward by saying that I don't have anyone to help me test my work. I have tested both released missions as thoroughly as I possibly can both in the editor and on a server and I think they will work just fine. That being said, I still have to consider them both at a beta level until some actual co-op groups can give feedback. The two missions that have been released are detailed below. I'd greatly appreciate it if some folks could let me know how they are so I can perfect them! I've been making scenarios since the original OFP but this is the first time I've ever released anything publicly.  (And, yes, I know the scenario names and some of the dialog are kind of cheesy/cliche - deal with it. :don16:)

Operation Seaweed (COOP: 4)
A small team of assault divers infiltrates a group of small islands to disable the AA threat and gather intel prior to the main invasion.

Steam Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=935458236

This mission DOES require the CJTF101 Editor addon which is not available on Steam as far as I can tell.

Download the addon here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20821

Operation Sunlight (COOP: 6)
A six man special forces team moves to rescue hostages, recover intel from a downed UAV, and disable the AA vehicle.

Steam Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=935470383

This mission DOES NOT require the CJTF101 Editor addon.

• Like 1