Sign in to follow this  
korzon

Weapon animation

Is there any method to animate weapon?

i.e How it was made with "mortar" soldier (M16 + grenade)?

I see one model M16 without grenade then loading animation, then model of M16 with grenade.

If this is possible by proxy or anything we could create other weapon with grenade or realy animated RPG-7 or folding stock animation.

any ideas?

Korzon

I don't know about RPG-7 but we did add Rifle grenade (like mortar) to our Rk 95, and the reload animation works perfect.

Where may I find your config.cpp and your addon? Maybe I will find the answer for my question.

regards,

Korzon

theres a property "modelSpecial" which is a model to be used when the weapon has a mag loaded.

For example my RPG7 has:

model="\KEGrpg7\KEGrpg7e";

modelSpecial="\KEGrpg7\KEGrpg7";

where the KEGrpg7e is the model without the rocket and KEGrpg7 is the model with the rocket.

btw. There seems to be a little bug with the modelSpecial feature, the modelspecial models never have a shadow.

So there are two models, one without grenade another one with grenade loaded. When specified command is called (i.e.load grenade) models are switched. When weapon is fired models are switched again - that's how I understood.

Where those comands are defined, we could change them to another action?

I thinked about folding stock or opened bipod. If it may be redefined not only to grenade loading/launching function it may be possible. What you think about?

If it is limited to grenade loading/launcing animation, please, would you like past bigger part of config?

I would like make KbkAKgn (Polish AK 47 modified to launching grenades) and some RPG's

best regards,

Korzon

I'm still searching a method for weapon animation and looked at config where I see doors animation. It works only for houses or someone tested then it works also for weapons or vehicles?

regards,

Korzon

Well, those are my questions. I'm newbie in models editing and I'msearching the way to do animations for weapons (folding stock, opening bipod, etc)

Korzon

hmm well I got another idea..... take a look at the commited config CFGMoves...... you'll find some interesting parts for example something like this:

{

actions=Reload

file=\rocketlauncheraddonfolder\reloadani.rtm;

speed=-12.0;

looped=false;

soundenabled=true;

duty=RestDuty;

interpolationspeed=2;

connectFrom[]={CombatReloadMortarStart, 1};

connectTo[]={CombatReloadMortarEnd, 1};

interpolateTo[]={CombatReloadMortarEnd, 1};

};

That's the original Config part i modified a bit with those settings we would need for a RPG -like rocket launcher.......

cy