crewt

Static AA locking only on shared targets

Hey there, 

I need help with the 'new' sensor Technic.

I'm searching for the right targeting approach so that an automated AA like the Mantis or an C-RAM would only shoot at a target provided by an Radar( or basically any Vehicle which broadcasts 'remoteTargets'.) 

An script solution would be possible, but as far as my understanding goes, there should be an solution to do this via config.

Any help would be veeeery much appreciated  :)

So take what I’m going to say with a grain of salt as I am just getting into scripting in Arma, but I’ve been looking into the sensors system a bit for an IADS addon that I would like to try to make. From what I can tell so far from my research and testing is that remoteTargets simply broadcasts the position of targets that unit’s sensors sees.

In order for a receiving unit to lock it, they need a sensor that is configured to lock targets that come from the data link. According to the wiki the DataLinkSensorComponent or SensorTemplateDataLink should add this capability. I hope this helps some.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Sensors_config_reference

• Like 1

Jeah. Gladly they added this afterwards. I got an answer from a dev. Telling that afterwards the 'unit' should have no capability to see or hear, have to find out how to do that.