Sign in to follow this  
Izhevsk

WANTED: ACE3 mission template

I'm a noob. I have no idea how to make a mission in ARMA3, let alone one that works with ACE3. When I tried using the ACE3 mod for the first time in the scenario editor, it ended right away as soon as I pushed play. It doesn't do this when ACE3 is not installed.

So I'm seeking a simple SINGLEPLAYER template mission, something really basic, like all 3 sides (BLUFOR, OPFOR, INDEP) have objectives to kill all of eachothers units and thats it. That way I can at least play the game... with ACE3..... which I can't do right now.

Can you be more specific with your problem?  ACE shouldn't be doing that.  Does it crash to desktop, exit the mission, or are you dying?  Even if someone were to build you an easy template, it probably wouldn't work unless you get the ACE issue cleared first.

2 hours ago, Savage_Donkey said:

Can you be more specific with your problem?  ACE shouldn't be doing that.  Does it crash to desktop, exit the mission, or are you dying?  Even if someone were to build you an easy template, it probably wouldn't work unless you get the ACE issue cleared first.

I meant to say it ends the scenario and brings up an objective screen. So I believe ACE3 requires some sort of objectives to be placed. I'll make a video showing it.

Here is the video: 

I have no idea how to make missions or script or do any of that stuff. I just like to play around in the editor making little battles, that's all I know how to do. I wanted to try ACE3 because of the tank cookoff feature.

50 minutes ago, Izhevsk said:

-snip-

Okay, so that error means you have a problem with the ACE 3 compat files.  

Are you playing with RHS?  

If you aren't, you will need to delete all ace_compat_rhs files from your Arma 3\@ACE\Addons folder (or any in a rhs-ace compatibilty mod you may have downloaded).  If you are using workshop, unsubscribe from anything that is an ace-rhs compatibility mod. 

If you are, then you need to check what version of RHS you have (Should be 4.2.2) and What version of ACE you have (Should be 3.9.1). Once you're sure both are up to date, then go into @ACE\Optionals and re-copy all ace_compat_rhs pbos into the addons folder.

I;m not sure how to check which version of what I have, I can tell you that I downloaded them both from armaholic yesterday, so they should be the most recent versions. I took RHS out of my game and it's doing the same thing. So I cant play with ACE3 I guess, which sucks because I wanted the tank cook off feature. I can't re-download anything from armaholic either since I was IP BANNED for asking this same question. Apparently asking for help is against the rules there.

This is why I was initially asking for some kind of mission template that had objectives in it, so I could put my own units in. It seems ACE3 doesn't want people playing around in the editor without objectives set (which I have no idea how to set).

14 minutes ago, Izhevsk said:

I;m not sure how to check which version of what I have, I can tell you that I downloaded them both from armaholic yesterday, so they should be the most recent versions. I took RHS out of my game and it's doing the same thing. So I cant play with ACE3 I guess, which sucks because I wanted the tank cook off feature. I can't re-download anything from armaholic either since I was IP BANNED for asking this same question. Apparently asking for help is against the rules there.

This is why I was initially asking for some kind of mission template that had objectives in it, so I could put my own units in. It seems ACE3 doesn't want people playing around in the editor without objectives set (which I have no idea how to set).

By RHS do you mean the mod or the compat files?  Can you do a search to make sure you don't have any compat files in your addons folder?  Also, if all you want is ACE cookoff, then you only need to have ace_cookoff, ace_common, ace_main, ace_modules (pbo and bisign files) in your addons folder.  You don't need to run anything else.

Hey, that worked! Thanks! Can't believe something so simple got by me.