siegek01

ARMA 3 Freezing on mission load

So this has no doubt been posted before, but I've searched and can't find a solution. Having problems with ARMA freezing completely when loading missions - the problem is consistent and always occurs at the same point/s - it occurs when attempting to load "Prologue Altis Rising Tensions", and "The East Wind Stratis Maxwell", and I can't progress any further.

The symptoms are exactly the same in both cases - the background island "map" appears, the progress bar across the top gradually fills, the pop-up misson window appears, and the progress bar fills, then the whole thing just stops, requiring me to cancel ARMA via the Task Manager.

The problem occurs regardless of whether I run this as a normal user, or as administrator, or whether it's 32-bit or 64-bit. I'm only running the game as a single player. I have a "vanilla" version of ARMA 3, bought via Steam, with no mods or customisations. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game; I have verified the game components via steam. As far as I can tell I have the latest drivers for all my hardware components. 

Whilst my PC may not be ideal for ARMA (specs below), and maybe the overall performance could be tweaked or improved, playing the missions prior to these points has been fine. Replaying the previous missions does not make the problem go away, the game still stops at exactly the same points each time.

Looking at the rpt files, after I cancel the game, there appear to be some consistent issues - this may not be the case, but...

During the initialisation, there are a number of updating base class messages, then:

• Cannot delete class B_KickOff, it is referenced somewhere (used as a base class probably)
  • Cannot update non class from class a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscCallSupport/Items/
  • Cannot update non class from class a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscRadio/Items/

Then after the addons are loaded there are a number of what appear to be "errors", I've only shown a few samples below:

• No more slot to add connection at 033057 (3386.8,5735.4) - Stratis Maxwell only - message only appears once
  • SimulWeather - Cloud Renderer - noise texture file is not specified! - message only appears once
  • Strange convex component65 in a3\rocks_f\sharp\sharprock_wallh.p3d:geometryFire
  • Attempt to override final function - bis_fnc_camp_onmissioninit_meta
  • Error compiling '' in 'HitPelvis'
  • soldier[I_Soldier_AR_F]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?

PC spec

Processor AMD a6-6400K 64-bit 16Gb RAM

MSI Nvidia Geforce GT 730 4Gb 128-bit

Windows 10

Norton 360 Premier (either fully enabled or running in "silent" mode)

Any help you can give would be much appreciated, because as far as I can see this game is no longer playable.

I can tell you at this point there is an issue within the game itself pertaining to amd cpu. I have amd and have been having freezing issues since the release of 1.68 version. Only fix i found so far is do download the development version but it will not work with current saved files. But the fact the dev version is not freezing on me leads me to believe that their is a fix coming soon

Thanks for that - seems I might have bought it just after 1.68 was released, so not aware of the full impact of it. I had a bunch of the seemingly usual in-game freezing problems, but seemed to have got over those - obviously I need to get more used to the"fragile" aspects of Arma 3 - I'm used to the more plug 'n plug games like CoD and MOH. 

Ok well we'll see what happens

i have a Amd too.

AMD 4300

ASRock 990FX Extreme 3

4 GB Corsair RAM

ASUS 680GTX

on a SSD Raid Stripping

I reinstalled Window and intalled it on a Raid. Arma have reinstalled too. No Backup.

Is there a way Intall Arma and install with the Patch before over Steam or manual?

maybe more Poeple whant to write here. So Bohemia maybe make a solution for the problem with their Patch.

So i may have found a work aroundfor this issue. Ive managed to get it working for about two hours now without freezing.

1. Im running on the profiling branch version. 

2. Running every paramter excetp file patching as our sever doesn't support it.

3. Jemalloc memory allocater.

4. With the various parameters like number of cpu cores for example i specified exact numbers.

I also at one point deleted the arma3.exe and arma3 64 bit exe and re verified local files.

I also have AMD, and I couldn't play after the 1.68 update, I could mere hours before it came out

I'm not 100% convinced it's AMD related, although happy to be proven wrong.

i can understand random freezing being processor (or GPU) related - but loading problems, I dunno? To me, a noob to ARMA 3, but not to the IT/coding world, this smacks of something code based, or something missing, either relating to those specific missions, or the load process.

To have something fail at exactly the same point, consistently, has got to be code or missing components - either it's calling something that's not there, or it's trying to do something  that causes conflicts.

Yes it may ultimately result in a set of symptoms that only manifest with AMD processors, but it's originally instigated by code, and from my perspective should be able to be fixed by code as well.

New Patch but still frezzing on the same Point.

This sucks.

It Works now. 1 Mission wound load but its only this 1 Mission.