Sign in to follow this  
Landorin

Radio messages only available for one side?

Hi,

I used the search function but nothing useful came up.

I want to create a deathmatch mission where west and east attack each other.

Both sides have one radio officer and that radio officer should be able to call in medics and reinforcements (using the alpha, beta .etc radio triggers).

However, the radio commands are available in west's as well as in east's radio menu.

Logically, each side should only have access to its own radio messages.

So is it possible to only make the specific radio messages appear in the list of those sides where I want them to be?

A trigger "protected by west" (or whatever it's named in English) did not work at all.

And no, the units should not be called in by just entering a trigger zone - the radio officers should be able to call them anytime and especially anywhere and come to the coordinates the officer is located at when making the call.

Can anyone provide help?

Sincerely

Landorin

I think its possible but you have to do two things:

1. Make the radio triggers side specific. E.g. o create a radio trigger that is only activated by the WEST side put this in in its Condition field:

this AND (Side player) == WEST

The command player returns the human player on the local machine and the whole expression only becomes true if a WEST player selects the radio slot.

2. If you want different radio messages (just the text) to appear for EAST and WEST you have to use the SetRadioMsg command to edit them specifically for each side. The easiest way is to make a script "init.sqs" (automatically called at startup):

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

?(Side player == WEST): Goto "WestRadio"

?(Side player == EAST): Goto "EastRadio"

Goto "NoRadio"

;THIS PRINTS THE RADIOMENU FOR WEST

#WestRadio

1 SetRadioMsg "Call Blackhawk"

2 SetRadioMsg "Call M1 Platoon"

...and so on

Goto "End"

;THIS PRINTS THE RADIOMENU FOR EAST

#EastRadio

1 SetRadioMsg "Call Hip"

2 SetRadioMsg "Call T80 Platoon"

...and so on

Goto "End"

;THIS DELETES ALL ENTRIES IF PLAYER IS

;NEITHER WEST OR EAST (ALSO DEACTIVATES

;THE RADIO COMPLETELY)

#NoRadio

1 SetRadioMsg "null"

2 SetRadioMsg "null"

...and so on

#End

Exit

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

I hope this helps (and works),

Spinor

Hey Spinor,

Thank you very much for the quick reply!!! Especially since it worked great with that condition line!!!

All I wonder now is whether all west players can activate that radio message or not. But according to that condition all players can I guess?

Well, then again that does not matter so much, since I got what I wanted.

Or do you even know how I can restrict the function of that message only working for the west radio officer and no other west players?

If there is no restriction possible, thank you anyway. smile.gif

Sincerely

Landorin

Oh one more:

Is it possible by using commands, scripts or so to request units via radio message to the coordinates where the requester is located and execute waypoint orders?

I'd like to request reinforcements with the radio officer and once they arrive at my coordinates they should start to "search and destroy" (like the command available in the waypoint menu).

Is that possible too?

Sincerely

Landorin

u dont need no scripts or anything for a radio request.

Hi,

to your first question: You can put any check you want in the condition field. If you want to restrict it to one player use

this AND (player == radioOfficer)

where radioOfficer would be the name of the specific player's unit you are referring to (i.e. put radioOfficer in its Name field).

Some general remarks about moving groups:

with

group Move position

you can order a group to a specific position, e.g.

reinfGroup Move (GetPos radioOfficer)

The problem is this shouldn't be mixed with standard waypoint movement. Another possibility is to move a given wapoint (before the group reaches it) with the SetWPPos command. I'm not sure about the syntax, best is to check the Official command reference.

So in principle you could activate (so the reinforcements wait until call) and move the "search and destroy" waypoint

by synchronizing it with the radiotrigger.

Spinor

Hi Spinor,

Oh, I do not really care about waypoints. I just plan to allow the radio officer to call in reinforcements to his position and once they arrive there (not before) they should start to search and destroy.

Because if I do not do that, he will call them in and they won't move, making them excellent targets for the enemy.

So should I still use your idea or do you have another one now that I pointed out that it is not waypoints I need, just movement and action for the reinforcements units.

Sincerely

Landorin

If you plan to let them seek and destroy (in a random fashion) indefinitely the waypoint method I mentioned would be the easiest and best.

I just mentioned the Move command if you want to have more control over the group, e.g. if you need a certain search pattern.

Spinor