Sign in to follow this  
MikkoFin

Gammacheating

I hope this topic will raise some questions to BIS.

Gamma cheating SUCKS!

Several people raises gamma-levels and brightness levels to see better at nightmissions. And that's really CHEATING.

I can't even do good night CTF's, or other Player VS Player maps, becouse if someone has much gamma, he has a huge advantage. I know that there must be option to change gamma level becouse some monitors and cards show the game so black, but does it have to be so big option?

And even if you take whole option from the game, you can still change the gamma from your monitors setups.

I can't see myself a thing at night, but I've saan couple friends who has gamma way over limits and dark black is like gray and you can see really good at nights.

So is there anything to do about this cheating?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MikkoFin @ Nov. 08 2002,15:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So is there anything to do about this cheating?<span id='postcolor'>

These settings can all be controlled outside of OFP, so what exactly do you want BIS to do about it? confused.gif

However, there's something you yourself can do about it. Try playing with more mature players. If you're not a member of a squad, join one that is only interested in serious matches with other squads that think the same.

Let the cheaters play amost themselves to death.

Well, I for one have a BIG Gamma problem. If I did not use Powerstrip, I couldnt even play this game... Although I dont play online (I am on ISDN), I can imagine your frustration.

Which brings us to another topic:

There will always be programs that can bypass OF's settings, and people will still be able to "cheat".

I dont wanna call it cheating though. Virtual darkness is always different. In reallife darkness, you are still able to get a good feeling of whats happening around you. And while I think OF has some great nightscene's, its still to static.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Zodi4c @ Nov. 08 2002,09:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In reallife darkness, you are still able to get a good feeling of whats happening around you. And while I think OF has some great nightscene's, its still to static.<span id='postcolor'>

No not really, how can I explain...

Especially when there is no moon or star light (overcast, forest), you can get completely screwed because there is virtually nothing you can see without some equipment. Especially when the forest is not near a major city.

Otherwise yes, you can see quite a bit in open areas.

My belief on cheating is that a game company should try to make cheating as hard as possible, but in the end it's upto how much you trust your opponents or teammates. smile.gif

I don't call that cheating.

It is unrealistic, but it's within the bounds of the medium.

Like theavonlady said, play with more mature players who have cop-on, not some gang of 12 year old muppets fresh from CS on gamespy.