Sign in to follow this  
GI44

Newbie addon question

I know this is really a basic question but I have never used any of the MODS/ADD ONS Can someone please explain how ADDONS and MODS work?

Do the ADDONS/MODS simply change some of the visual appearance of missions that you get with OFP OR

do they actually give you new missions?

For example, I saw a post for a MOD that provides winter scenery.  Does that just change the existing missions to be in the snow but the mission itself is unchanged from a game play point of view.  In other words, the same scripted triggers occur, the same goals, etc.  just the scenery is different?

Example 2:  If someone makes a mod that introduces guard dogs - what does that mean?  Do dogs just randomly appear in the missions you purchased from OFP or are they entirely new missions?

Sorry for the dumb question but I really don't know...

Thanks

GI44

No, unless addons come with missions, all they do is add new units into the game engine.

You will never see these units unless someone releases a mission or campaign that uses them, or unless you go into the OFP Mission Editor and play around with them yourself.

No, they do not modify anything, just add new thigns to be used in your own/custom missions, or just for fun.