Sign in to follow this  
bravo93

Attaching nearest object to a vehicle and then detaching it?

Basically I'm making a forklift truck and I want to be able to drive up to a crate/pallet, scroll wheel - attach object and then be able to drive off with the crate/pallet attached. (I'm not worried about raising/lowering the forks for now). Then I need to be able to detach the crate/pallet and then drive off leaving the object where I detached it. Is this possible? Ideally this would need to be multiplayer comparable as well :)

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 1:17 PM, bravo93 said:

Basically I'm making a forklift truck and I want to be able to drive up to a crate/pallet, scroll wheel - attach object and then be able to drive off with the crate/pallet attached. (I'm not worried about raising/lowering the forks for now). Then I need to be able to detach the crate/pallet and then drive off leaving the object where I detached it. Is this possible? Ideally this would need to be multiplayer comparable as well :)

It sounds like the same principle as what I did with the RHS Trucks and cargo Box AmmoBox and the new MRZR...scroll wheel to load and unload..you would just have to input the classname of the fortruck and of what you are trying to load..also setting distance from the object to load it..height and azimuth and center off set to get the box to sit right on the forks. Its a lot of time in the Editor getting everything set right. I also added in text color so everything wasn't whte like all the other scroll wheel things you might have. Is the Fork Truck a Mod you are making? I'd be happy to test and work on the loading part if you need some help with that,I'm no expert scripter by any means but I enjoy learning by doing..let me know if I can help at all.

Diesel

Link to my Logistical Loading Scripts if you want to have a look.