Sign in to follow this  
Krusty

Chopper rearming

I want to make a mountain base where choppers can re-arm. What is a good way to do this? It doesn't seem like there is a unit or object I can place there that will let the chopper rearm (except the LST smile.gif). I'm actually only interested in rockets, so I tried making an ammo crate with rockets inside. When I landed next to it I got an option "take FFAR" but it didn't rearm the chopper (the pilot must have taken it somehow...). I suppose I could just make a trigger to rearm my chopper when it gets close, but I'd rather have it be in the action menu like rearming at the LST. Any ideas?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Spitfire on 3:40 pm on Dec. 10, 2001

Ammo trucks are meant for rearming vehicles<span id='postcolor'>

But I don't WANT to use an ammo truck. I want to rearm at a "secret mountain black op base" which would not have an ammo truck sitting around... Anyway, I take that to mean you don't know any better way of doing it...

maybe you could try putting the ammo truck underground so it cant be seen using the setpos command. you know this setpos [getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1, (getpos this select 2)-3];

then just put it under the landing pad

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from vitoal125 on 4:30 pm on Dec. 10, 2001

maybe you could try putting the ammo truck underground so it cant be seen using the setpos command.   you know          this setpos [getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1, (getpos this select 2)-3];

then just put it under the landing pad<span id='postcolor'>

That works but it has a few drawbacks. The menu still say rearm at truck which would be wierd since no truck is visible. Also the shadow of the truck is still visible on the ground and the truck still shows up on radar and is targetable.

I think I'll just try to do it with a trigger. I'm having trouble doing that. What command can I use to add more FFAR ammo? I tried addWeapon, addWeaponCargo, addMagazine and addMagazine Cargo and none worked. (Yes I did use "ZuniLauncher38" as the ammo name.) What am I missing?

OK, this topic is way out of my league, since I've never actually fooled around with this... but still I might have a suggestion.

Try giving an ammo crate a value of AmmoCargo, that is, use something like

rearmCrate SetAmmoCargo 1

AmmoCargo is the value that enables AmmoTrucks to have their re-arming ability. It might work on crates, too.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Spitfire on 9:51 am on Dec. 12, 2001

OK, this topic is way out of my league, since I've never actually fooled around with this... but still I might have a suggestion.

Try giving an ammo crate a value of AmmoCargo, that is, use something like

rearmCrate SetAmmoCargo 1

AmmoCargo is the value that enables AmmoTrucks to have their re-arming ability. It might work on crates, too.

<span id='postcolor'>

no good. No option to rearm. The command reference says it's only for re-arm trucks. I'm thinking it might work on other vehicles, so maybe I can do a rearming jeep or something. The other thing would be just to do it myself with a trigger, but I can't figure out the command to add ammo to a vehicle. I've tried addWeapon, addWeaponCargo, addMagazine and addMagazineCargo. None work.

<a href="http://www.ofpeditingcenter.com/addon_depot/addon_detail.asp?id=36

Dude," target="_blank">http://www.ofpeditingcenter.com/addon_d....p>Dude,</a> your Secret Black Op SAS Special Forces helo rearming depot is there. I should remind you that in the REAL WORLD that would NEVER HAPPEN, since the only loading/unloading/rearming you would do would be carrier based. LST's and such might not be 'Spec Op Glamourous' but then the real deal isn't either.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from lt poncho on 8:08 pm on Dec. 13, 2001

http://www.ofpeditingcenter.com/addon_depot/addon_detail.asp?id=36

Dude, your Secret Black Op SAS Special Forces helo rearming depot is there. I should remind you that in the REAL WORLD that would NEVER HAPPEN, since the only loading/unloading/rearming you would do would be carrier based. LST's and such might not be 'Spec Op Glamourous' but then the real deal isn't either.<span id='postcolor'>

tks