Caluu66x

Need help with something please.

Hey there eveyone! my name is Caluu and i am a SUPER noob at the arma series and the editor program.

I am building a mission for myself to play and i need help with creating volumetric fog/ground fog. I am extremely inexperienced with scripting and mod making and coding and all that Jazz.

Here is an example of the fog effects that i am after:

https://youtu.be/8aUfhrMSGU4

(please skip to the 16 minute mark for the example)

if there is anyone who knows how to create this effect for me in a file or a mod that i can download i would greatly appreciate it. Also please show me how to implement it into my game. Or maybe make a youtube video about how i can do that? I am a simpleton when it comes to this stuff so please PLEASE help me out, by writing the thing for me cause ill just screw something up.

Thank you for your time and reading this post.

From you pal

SUPER noob Caluu! :D

EDIT:: I have arma 3 and the APEX DLC. I have looked at other fog things and such and most of them require me to write out script or code and i have NO IDEA how to do that.  Thanks again.

Ok so i have managed to have this done, Thanks to Evil Organ here on the forums, Thanks man!

notepad++ was fun to play with lol

anyways i have a couple minor issues with the script, i have noticed that the ground_fog has random pop ins and pop outs when the fog is close to the player, also at night it becomes illuminated on the sides of the player with the flashlight, kinda wierd not sure why its doing that, would anyone know how to fix that? also how do i increase the distance in which its viewable from the player?

idk how to enter a spoiler to show u the script that was used. I had to fiddle with some digits in the notepad++ to get it thicker which was nice.

any kind of response or a grunt regarding this would be helpful

Thanks

Caluu! :D

P.s SUPER noob has now been let out of my name due to my learning of the editor and the scripting, im not professional by any means but am slowly learning.

Can a mod close this thread. Has been solved thanks.