Sign in to follow this  
vonoben1944

Pbotool 1.01awhich program is best for de-pboing?

Dont tell me it has already been answered in another post 'cause I have read them all. I still find this confusing and I cant make it work.

If I download a usermade addon I should be able to open it in o2 after running PBOtool 1.01a and then xpack on the resulting p3d files. (But not the other files eh?) Or is it the unpack sqm tool I should use on the p3d's? And how does that work? All I get with the sqm tool is a dos-window. No program really starts. Is it supposed to be like that?

Please, please help me.

(In this case i tried to use Hubbas M14 rifle add-on. As I supposed it was created, or edited with o2.)

Ok. I sorted it out on my own. It was just that I couldnt open Hubbas M14 for some reason. Maybe someone, like maybe Hubba himself can explain why that didnt work? From all I've read in this forum it should work fine. (But thats just my opinion.)

apparently the older pbo tool doesn't seem to open the model properly or something, so i heard, so use the newer pbo version.

and if your talking about opening demo models dont forget to decrypt them first.

Ok. first off, if you ran xpack on the p3d in my m14 addon it wouldn't work as it was already unpacked. ie. you should have just opened the p3d directly.

Then the deal is this:

PBOTool 1.01a (or later) handles the demo pbo correctly. It also creates pbo's correctly.

What it DOESNT do however is extract ODOL models correctly. So don't use it on the game pbo.

DePBO extraces neither ODOL or MLOD correctly from a pbo, but it damages the ODOL less than PBOTool which is why you have been able to run the textureswap tool on it to do some reskinning.

How to extract a proper ODOL then? Hexediting works for me smile.gif

So we REALLY need Filebank & the Binary compression tools (ODOL makers) asap =)

Hope it helps,

HuBBa

Yeah thanks. I sense a disturbance in the force over this matter. We need clean models as reference. Only then can we let go of our anger and truly master the O2 force. :-)

<YODA>

Clean models we need. Much anger is this. Tools of binary we want. Longing great i sense. Future uncertain i feel. Ahead difficult path lies. Most unfortunate is this.

</YODA>

tounge.gif:P:P:P

/HuBBa