Sign in to follow this  
KKB

Some questions

I read the posts in this forum but I'am still not sure about some things:

Resolution LOD's: What difference does the name make, for instance if i have 2 LOD's one is called 1.000 and the other one 1.500. If I change the name of the second one to 3.000 how does this affect the model? Does the OFP engine switch between the LOD's based on the name, or in other words, can I 'tell' the engine with these names at which distance the LOD should be used?

Fire Geometry: No Idea what this one is about at all...

Geometry: OK, setting weights to single points, but is the collision Model based on this LOD? How detailed should this LOD be? And it affects rendering if I understood it correctly, so if a part of my model is outside this LOD it won't be rendered? or does it only affect rendering of models behind my model?

Hitpoints: I can define single parts of the Model to be destroyed seperately? Are the names of the groups important in this LOD (besides the hitpoints for crewmembers)?

General Questions: What are pins for? do I need them for the single vertices in the Landcontact and Memory LOD?

If you veteran O2 users could answer some of my questions I would highly appreciate it, Thank you :o)

Erm, around 160 fellow modmakers in this forum and not a single answer? mhh...

Ok, I've figured out part of it myself, but I'd still like to know if the name of the resolution LOD affects the handling of the model by the engine and if it is important to use certain naming conventions in the hitpoint and fire geometry LOD's.

And what is the Fire geometry LOD anyway? I guess it is there for collision detection when shot at (like the geometry lod is for collision detection with the environment). But why can I specify a fire geometry lod for the Pilots view then, shouldnt it be the same detection model as for the normal view? Thats confusing, so if someone here would enlighten me it would be great.