Sign in to follow this  
RangeCreed

Reload animation varying on Ammo count

Hello:

Currently using some custom weapons that use there own reload animation independent of Arma 3 however, no matter the ammo count of my current magazine it will always play the same animation as it should. For example I will always chamber 5 rounds into my mosin rifle regardless to the actual ammo count.

So for example, I have 3 rounds left but when I reload I will always chamber 5 rounds because that is how the reload animation is played. How would I get it to play custom animations dependant on my current ammo count and how would I even reference this in a config? Would each mag need its own entry in a config? 

So we have 1x_7.62, 2x_7.62,  3x_7.62,  4x_7.62 , 5x.7.62     But how would you actually define in a weapons config to play a different animation dependant on the ammunition type being loaded? Also if I fire a round with mag 5x_7.62 reload into a fresh 5x_7.62 and then reload back into the previous mag now 4x_7.62 would the game automatically define properties from the config or would it still see that mag as 5x_7.62 with 1 less round.

I know this sounds complicated but I really want to know if this would work.

Thankyou

~RangeCreed

Look at this here-

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26789

This is the only implementation of single round loading into a weapon that I know of- It's possible, but it must be particularly difficult if no-one else has attempted it. 

I'm new to Scripting and making Animations. My question is how do I after making an Animation example Waving, Push ups etc set that to either a Menu in game or to a key ? I am sorry for kinda high jacking OP Post but I am new to BIS and can not post yet. I would really apreciate the help. A little more info, I host a Private Exile server for my friends and since I have been doing so much such as adding and learning all about Arma I wanted to go a step further and make something kinda simple such as an Animation and put that on my Server for my friends and I to use.

Hmm. Never done it myself, but I'm sure you can link an animation to a scrollwheel action- That's how people have the 'sitting in chair' scripts? I'm not sure the code you would use, try asking someone who does animations or scripts.