Sign in to follow this  
Timmothias

Importing 3ds files from wings

i used wings 3d to create a model of a building. when i use the export feature to export to .3ds format, and then try to open the file with o2, it gives me an error and closes down the program. the model doesnt have any textures or anything, and i think it should work. anyone know why it won't work? i put some time into this baby and i would really appreciate getting it into oxygen.

I think (not 100% sure) that Oxygen only imports 3ds models that were exported from 3ds max (and maybe a couple other program.. dont know which). So you probably just need to import it into another program (3ds max) and export again. Try using the search fuction, i'm sure this has been covered before.

i looked around manually, didnt see anything.

anywayz, if i do not own the 1000's of dollars program 3ds max, anything i can use to export this way?

Well again i'm not 100% sure (i'm a newbie too) but i think thats the only way. You can always ask someone with Max to do it for you.......... check your PM's if you want me to do it for you.

Let me guess, it gives you an error about missing KFDATA?

If so, check out the Oxygen FAQ. The solution is in there mate.

well, i dunno about that kfdata thingy. it might do that for windows xp and stuff, but i have windows me so i'm not sure. it just says objektiv2light has caused an error in objektiv2light.exe. objective2light will now close. pretty generic error, so i dont know what the deal is.