Sign in to follow this  
Luke_z_Brna

Advice about making real bases

Hi. I want to build FOB as real as they are. So i would be grateful for some advices about how to build it what should be there etc. Thanks very much for all comments.

Best regardd DonbassCZ 

• Like 1

every fob ive ever been to has been extremely cobbled together, ideally you should have an entry control point, maybe a couple if its a larger fob, use terrain to your advantage where possible and try to keep things from looking "cookie cutter". The defenses were rarely textbook, I cant recall any that had enough fighting positions spaced out to give interlocking fields of fire. if you can be more specific I can give you more specific answers.

EDIT:

I see in your signature you list BAF (bagram airfield) that might be useful if you pull it up in google earth, pay attention to the perimeter if you look closely near the baazar at bagram you can see a gate that was part of the old russian peremiter, from there you can follow the wall that encloses the soviet style apartments or you can follow the american wall made of hescos and texas barriers, in some areas the american perimeter pushes past the old russian perimeter and in others it dosent push out anywhere near it this highlights that the american perimeter went up as fast as possible, following a path of least resistance since it would have taken more time and man power to kick the afghanis that live within the old russian perimeter out, additionally one thing you cant see from google earth is the mine fields, there are russian mine fields both inside baf and along the perimeter something else that dictated where the american perimeter went up, the other thing to take note of is how densely packed everything is, you dont waste space in a fob because pushing out the perimeter is dangerous and costly.

• Like 1