novainfuse

Edited the mission.sqm now my mission (and new ones) are missing

I was attempting to remove the Ares mod from the mission.sqm. I managed to remove them all, but when I went back in game to load the mission it's missing?

Fortunately I made a backup of it before editting, but when I added that one back into my folder it is also not appearing.

Have I lost it all? Or, is there a way to bring it back without the Ares dependency?

• Like 1

When you say 'you removed it all' I'm guessing that you have gone through the .sqm and deleting things you think relates to the mod or just deleted the mod within the add on area?

Because I'm pretty sure that ares doesn't add anything to the actual mission but more when your actually playing the mission.

If so, I would recommend either using that backup version as you may of deleted stuff that shouldn't of been deleted.

I can't remember clearly, but I don't even think that ares actually itself into the Adonis part of the .sqm because it doesn't need to.

Let me know if it works or if I've misunderstood your question :)

When you say 'you removed it all' I'm guessing that you have gone through the .sqm and deleting things you think relates to the mod or just deleted the mod within the add on area?

Because I'm pretty sure that ares doesn't add anything to the actual mission but more when your actually playing the mission.

If so, I would recommend either using that backup version as you may of deleted stuff that shouldn't of been deleted.

I can't remember clearly, but I don't even think that ares actually itself into the Adonis part of the .sqm because it doesn't need to.

Let me know if it works or if I've misunderstood your question :)

Hey. Sorry probably my fault, I didn't explain it too well.

Basically this is what happened. I tried to play a game with some friends, and realsied that I need the Achillies version of Ares, and not just "Ares". 

However, I guess as I had placed down the "GameMaster" module, and tested it a couple of times that it still required Ares. I went into the mission.sqm and did Ctrl + F and deleted EVERYTHING that referenced Ares. However, went I tried to load it back up in the editor, it just literally wasn't a selectable map - it had vanished. I managed to add it back in after a lot of work, so I can now load it up.

When I look at the "Required Addons" option in the menu, it still says Ares, and I have to have Ares on to load the map.

This is an example of what I would have deleted, but as it's the old file, the Ares is still there for the sake of this picture:

fQ5jaMV.png

May I ask what program you are using to open the .sqm because either you aren't using Notepad ++ or you have saved the mission as non binary version,

MAKE SURE YOU COPY AND PASTE THE MISSION FOLDER ONTO YOUR DESKTOP FOR A BACKUP BEFORE DOING THE BELOW SO YOU DON'T LOSE IT AGAIN.

If the case is that you have just used the binary version, I would recommend saving a copy of the mission but when choosing a name for it, make sure you un-tick binary version or whatever it says then going through the file and viewing the Ares elated lines as you may have deleted things that aren't to do with Ares or you have missed parts that are related.

If you have saved it as un-binaized but you aren't using notepad ++ here is a link to download it:

https://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v6.9.2.html

If after doing the above still breaks your mission, I would suggest just making the mission from scratch because it may be quicker doing so either than mucking around too much.

May I ask what program you are using to open the .sqm because either you aren't using Notepad ++ or you have saved the mission as non binary version,

MAKE SURE YOU COPY AND PASTE THE MISSION FOLDER ONTO YOUR DESKTOP FOR A BACKUP BEFORE DOING THE BELOW SO YOU DON'T LOSE IT AGAIN.

If the case is that you have just used the binary version, I would recommend saving a copy of the mission but when choosing a name for it, make sure you un-tick binary version or whatever it says then going through the file and viewing the Ares elated lines as you may have deleted things that aren't to do with Ares or you have missed parts that are related.

If you have saved it as un-binaized but you aren't using notepad ++ here is a link to download it:

https://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v6.9.2.html

If after doing the above still breaks your mission, I would suggest just making the mission from scratch because it may be quicker doing so either than mucking around too much.

Hey the programme that I'm using is indeed Notepad++

I made a copy of the mission, but when I removed Ares from it all (after I saved it as a non-binary version), I get an error message which says "Error when loading the scenario"? It's saved in my MPMission folder, I don't know if that makes a difference? Maybe I did something wrong when removing Ares - All I did was Ctrl + F Ares and delete the sections (including the everything in it { } of that section) which mentioned Ares.

• Like 1

What I would of recommended with Ares is using the mod again, going into your mission, removing any modules or anything you have placed, then only removing the mod from the part of the .sqm that says addons as I think that you can still run a mission without the mod as long as you only remove it from the addons section of the .sqm and anything you have placed to do with it in-game.