Sign in to follow this  
nebulazerz

Need Help With Fixing A Few Small Bugs In My Mission (profileNamespace)

I need help from someone who has a lot of experience working with the profileNamespace for saving client data. I have it working for the most part, but I have a few bugs that I did not have before implenting it and it does not seem to be working 100% I need someone who is willing to look at my mission folder to look in my initplayer local/function library/ and shop dialog to find the bugs. I have another bug that has to do with spawning and the respawn system, that I have tried for days to fix but i can't find the answer. My mission is near completion and almost ready to be played but these bugs are holding me back from finishing it. Message me if you are interested. I have no money to offer currently for your services, but you will receive credit as part of the team that made my dream arma PVP mode happen.

I would recommend iniDB if you are going for a multiplayer game mode. Players are unable to edit their data if it is saved on the server instead of their computers.

I would recommend iniDB if you are going for a multiplayer game mode. Players are unable to edit their data if it is saved on the server instead of their computers.

I have this working now, there are some things that are nice about  the profileNamespace such as the ability to carry your level over to multiple servers without a database. Im pretty sure this is how the guys who did KOTH do it, they must have some kind of check to see if you have manually edited the data. I will just need to figure out something similar in time, for now i'm not extremely worried about players editing their files. If I have active admins and am actively admining myself, It will be easy to figure out who has cheated. Leveling takes quite some time, if someone is a new player and high enough to buy a tank, i know they cheated.