Sign in to follow this  
JustMathew

Number of "objects" in one layer and when to join them

Good evening!

I've just made my low-poly model, which is still in a lot of different "objects" or "meshes". 

I have still some work to do before I'm done with the model, so I would like to avoid joining the meshes, yet. When I export to .p3d tho, I get a lot of visual-layers, as all of the objects have their own visual layer in Object Builder, even tho I have put them on the same layer in Blender.

My question is now; How do you do it, do you join all the meshes and work on the whole model like that?

Any advice is much appreciated, thanks!

Might as well save, join all the objects, export to p3d and open the save again?

OB creates new "named selections" (which you can turn off if you want to btw, depending on file format you use for import) for each individual "connected" mesh. It doesn't matter if you modelling software considers it a single object if that said object has multiple subcomponents.

You can ctrl click select these and create a new named selection based on the ones you have, or you can have redefine the existing ones (r_click redefine)

OB creates new "named selections" (which you can turn off if you want to btw, depending on file format you use for import) for each individual "connected" mesh. It doesn't matter if you modelling software considers it a single object if that said object has multiple subcomponents.

You can ctrl click select these and create a new named selection based on the ones you have, or you can have redefine the existing ones (r_click redefine)

Thanks for the advice, I might as well do it like that. That makes sense when it comes to applying textures.