Sign in to follow this  
gonk

Editing optics ?

How can I edit Optics P3D files ? if I try to open any Optic iles (In Breathe Light) I get "Unable to Read" error ??

Can I make a Optics P3D with Oxygen light ? or is that only possible with the full version ?

you can't edit the optics in the Resistance or any version other than 0.35 (demo) which is pretty haed to find...

the optics are just a flat, textured plane, though you need a DEMO version of OPF (0.36) to be able to edit them

Does anyone have a spare optics file that can be edited in Breathe light ?

Is ther no way to create your own optics from scratch?

So where are all these new optics (HK pack etc. etc.) coming from?

That´s what I mean....

If I make a custom optic for a vehicle do I save it in the P3D or do I make a new P3D? and so where do I save it?

Download old demo, dePBO and uncrypt data3d.pbo and look for optika*.p3d. Pick a suitable model (i.e. from a similar weapon; want make a sniper rifle? Pick M21).

DePBO data.pbo and view the textures of the model chosen before.

It's easy to adapt the existing optics (redraw textures)-why make new ones from scratch?

btw: How can I implement animated textures? I know there's a naming convention (mytexture.01.paa,mytexture.02.paa,...). But if I put my own animation textures on a normal face, ofp crashes. Do I have to set any flags/properties/triggers/trap doors?

I have done it.... Grab any Optic model and Use a Hex editor to change the name of the optic PAA file in the model to yours... The Optic model file is a very small file and quite easy to see where the PAA file is (It is in text). Leave the main two PAA's alone... these are called data\zasleh3_front.01.paa o\guns\pistole_muska.paa . (for pistol) You could even try using Notepad... yes notepad. As the names and locations of the PAA files are in text they are very easy to find amongst the other non-text data. Just scroll to near the end of the folder and rename it to your new PAA... Make your PAA a transperant with a size. of 512 x 256. eg black shape of gun. I will try doing another using notepad this time...

Notepad does not work confused.gif ... sitck to the Hex editor... that works a treat. biggrin.gif