Sign in to follow this  
ryansoper

Persistent variables - Best ways to achieve?

I'm sure this has been asked and answered, but i'm struggling to find anything related.

I want to know what the best way to save variables in missions would be so that you can achieve persistence in your missions. For instance, in some of the 'Life' mission types peoples cars and moneys are obvioulsy saved somewhere extrenal so that this information remains true when the mission restarts. I assume it'll write to some kind of database. But how is this achieved? Can anyone point me in the direction any guides on the topic?

Also, I have come across https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/profileNamespacewhich appears to allow you to save variables to the profileNamespace, but this seems insecure as a aplayer could just edit the variable amount in their own profile namespace.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Ryan

iniDB is one possible option.

This is certainly a very swift solution! I am also interested in how people do link their missions with databases (see dayz and the like where on any server you have the same stats) from a purely educational standpoint to see how it's done.

You can also check the last version of iniDBi2.

It works really nicely, and it's very easy to use, never had issue with this addon. 

Life mission use extDB (last version here), a little bit more complex to use (imo), but more powerfull than iniDBi2.

• Like 1

Whenever data is saved to the client's machine, the only factor preventing them from modifying that data is time.

If your data requires utmost security, it's best to store it on your own server(s) and have the clients retrieve it.