Sign in to follow this  
c_c

List of detectors from trigger?

Hello all.

How would I get a list of the enemy that know about the friendlies when detected?

Ultimately I am trying to be able to give the good guys about 15 seconds to kill the bad guy(s) that detected them, before the bad guys get a chance to call in re-inforcements.

Well, as you suggested one way would be to create a trigger that gets activated by "present east". Adjust the range according to your needs (i think 200m should do the job most of the time but 500 may be more accurate possibly degrading performance though) and set an apropriate interval.

Move the trigger along with the player (accordingly the range will not be 100% accurate for all friendly units or every single member of the player's group) and evalutate the value of the knowsabout for each enemy unit listed in the trigger (retrieved via the list command).

So if an enemy unit is listed in that trigger's list and is alive and knowsabout player reaches a certain level it is time to start your "countdown".

Afterwards it is up to you to decide how to manage that countdown: The most accurate way would be to let each enemy unit who matches the pattern described above execute (or call) a script which will simply run a 15-second countdown, afterwards check if the unit is still alive and if so call for help ...

How do you get a trigger to move when you move?

thx BOPMatt, I got a variation of that going.

c_c

@edc

The SetPos-command does also work with triggers so you can let OFP perform a loop (depending on the timeout-interval you chose for the trigger I recommend you choose a shorter interval, half the time for example, for the move-loop) in which you just call:

Triggername SetPos (GetPos player)

... of course that works for other units too. I've used this to make a certain enemy officer surrender if he any member of my team gets closer to him than 15m and all of his guards are dead or out of sight ...