Sign in to follow this  
jprice94

Latest patch issue: gamebreaking graphical bug

At a certain point durin gameplay, the character graphics will begin to glitch out. I've witnessed switching between distant LODs and near LODs  on both characters and vehicles in rapid succession, tearing and jittering of appendages and also uniforms reverting to the T pose whilst animating on characters. The framerate gradually drops until below 1 frame per second and the game becomes unplayable.

I believe this to be a result of the latest patch

You can replicate this bug by playing for more than 20 minutes or so. Sometimes it starts as early as 5 minutes, other times it can take over 40 minutes to kick in.

Please fix asap. Many people in my arma group are suffering from this.

This comes from the MAIN THREAD ABOUT THE SAME ISSUE, with BI Developer replies - Look through the threads before making new ones!

Has been fixed. Check the following excerpt from my post on the MAIN THREAD.

Hello guys!

EDIT: THE FOLLOWING FIX WORKS. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.

I contacted dwarden/razazel directly via PM about this issue, providing crash logs, they have recommended that I try the following - note: these are direct copy pastes from two of dwarden's replies (first one is the PM he sent me, second one is from the STABLE CLIENT FEEDBACK THREAD.)

To quickly DETAIL THE FIXES:

• REMOVE ANY custom memory allocator (Untick the box in the launcher, or remove the '-malloc=' entry from your startup exe/shortcut/etc.)
  • Download the 1.58.135689 v1 'arma3client_performance_158_135689.7z' file from the link.
  • Backup your arma3.exe from your arma 3 installation directory
  • Delete the arma3.exe and then put the arma3client_performance executable in your arma 3 installation folder.
  • Rename the executable you just placed in the directory to arma3.exe
  • Play the game! Be sure to THANK DWARDEN AND DEV TEAM FOR THE QUICK FIX/RESPONSE!