Sign in to follow this  
sirbuba3

Question about Texturing Headear

Hello, I am wandering why when I put my helmet ingame its not textured because I havent made a texture for it, but when I put the headgear example (the arma 3 blue police hat)  in the place of my helmet, it has its own texture, though I havent linked one to it? This is baffling me someone please explain this, Thanks.

Hello, I am wandering why when I put my helmet ingame its not textured because I havent made a texture for it, but when I put the headgear example (the arma 3 blue police hat)  in the place of my helmet, it has its own texture, though I havent linked one to it? This is baffling me someone please explain this, Thanks.

By default the samples (mostly) already have textures 'linked' to them that are within the main ArmA3 file-structure.. Newly made models don't. Problem solved.

To check for yourself, highlight all faces on YOUR model and press 'E' - you should see empty 'Texture' and 'Material' fields.

On the other hand, open the sample model and you'll see 'a3\characters_f\common\data\capb_police_co.tga' within the 'Texture' field and 'a3\characters_f\common\data\capb.rvmat' within the 'Material' field.

• Like 1

By default the samples (mostly) already have textures 'linked' to them that are within the main ArmA3 file-structure.. Newly made models don't. Problem solved.

To check for yourself, highlight all faces on YOUR model and press 'E' - you should see empty 'Texture' and 'Material' fields.

On the other hand, open the sample model and you'll see 'a3\characters_f\common\data\capb_police_co.tga' within the 'Texture' field and 'a3\characters_f\common\data\capb.rvmat' within the 'Material' field.

Ahh makes alot more sense, much thanks :)