amiscus

How do I use a mod in terrain builder (Jbad)

I'm trying tu use jbad with the terein editor, i know how to unpack it so i can load it inti the library, but where do i unpack it. Because when i use it now, it all works but in buldozer i am unable to the textures,mand when i export it to a working arma mod it wont work, because it cannot find a file in the config.bin somewehere. Doex i need to be exported in a special folder or/ and in a special path name?

Thanks in advance

unpack the pbo and copy the Folder Jbad_Structures or Jbad_misc or what you need to your Pdrive.

check the folder structure if they are correct! (P:\Jbad_Structures\afghan_house_a\A_BuildingWIP),

and not (P:\Jbad_Structures\Jbad_Structures\afghan_house_a\A_BuildingWIP)

Jbad_Structures inside there are the other folders, main folder what you need to import in TB is Jbad_Structures)

place a object in Bulldozer and export your .wrp, use always pboproject to pack your terrain!

to load it in game use the binarized pbo's from Milkman, load the @Jabd with your mod.

• Like 1

Thanks for your quick reply! I did get an error:

missing \jbad_structures\bridges\jbad_kamenny_most30.p3d

Also missing the textures in the buldozer, is that perhaps a way to check if the addon is in the right path?

This is the path where the p3d is located on my computer:

P:\jbad\Jbad_Structures\bridges\jbad_kamenny_most30.p3d

Then i changed the path to:

P:\Jbad_Structures\bridges\jbad_kamenny_most30.p3d

Then I got the error when i click view output(s)

ERROR: \jbad_structures\bridges\jbad_kamenny_most30.p3d is faulty
The addon name for (null) cannot be determined
and in the pboProject.exe CMD screen I see this:
MakePbo x64UnicodeVersion 1.90, Dll 5.24 "Nederland"
Warning: \jbad_structures\bridges\config.bin Filesize of 1518 bytes does not match actual character content of 0
This is probably not a text file

pbo: reqaddons. could not find a cfgpatches class for wrp file refs

makepbo failed

I have no idea what I am doing wrong

EDIT:

I placed the addon in p:\Modname\ and that also did not work.

jbad%20error%20terrain%20builder_zpsyael

never see that before, something is wrong.

sure this error is why you changed the path and TB search the object with the old path (missing \jbad_structures\bridges\jbad_kamenny_most30.p3d).

you can export all your placed objects into a .txt file,

you need to create your Template Libraries new and import your earlier exported objects.

Open Bulldozer and check if all is in the right place and ok, export your .wrp and try to pack your terrain.

if you have skype add me (cyperevenge), so you can see when i am online and i help you out

Thanks for helping with Skype and teamviewer. Just to let the other know that the explanation was given was good, but the addon was bugged, after downloading it again and extracting it, it worked! thanks for your help.

Also thanks for setting up my roads so that I can give an order to a road, so I can tell which road goes over the other.

• Like 1