tryteyker

Getting rid of two particle effects at once when firing a gun

Hey,

haven't really found what I'm looking for beforehand so apologies if this has been answered before (probably has and we all know it). Right now, I'm trying to make a few simple config changes to adapt the KH2002 as an underwater gun. It's coming along alright, it's not really a big deal to do it considering there's only a few configuration tweaks needed as well as new ammunition, however I am running into issues when it comes to particle effects. I'm assuming that the particle effect you get when firing a gun is defined in GunParticles as FirstEffect in most guns (RifleAssaultCloud as effectName), including the SDAR (the "proper" underwater gun). I've successfully added a third effect (ShotUnderwater), which leaves me with this config setup:

class CfgWeapons {
  class arifle_Katiba_F;
  class arifle_Katiba_underwater_F: arifle_Katiba_F {
    displayName = "ADS Amphibious Rifle";
    canShootInWater = 1;
    magazines[] = {"20Rnd_556x45_UW_mag","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Red"};
    class GunParticles {
      class FirstEffect {
        directionName = "Konec hlavne";
        effectName = "RifleAssaultCloud";
        positionName = "Usti hlavne";
      };
      class SecondEffect {
        directionName = "Nabojniceend";
        effectName = "CaselessAmmoCloud";
        positionName = "Nabojnicestart";
      }
      class ThirdEffect {
        directionName = "konec hlavne";
        effectName = "ShotUnderwater";
        positionName = "usti hlavne";
      };
    };
  };
};

So now, when going underwater, it comes along fine. The bubbly effect is there, but so is the first effect still. The SDAR manages to transition smoothly, which led me to believe it's got something to do with the general config of the weapon. However, when inheriting from arifle_SDAR_F instead of arifle_Katiba_F (and just changing the model and displayName) the issue was still there. So now I'm sorta thinking it's the model that's causing issues here, but that makes absolutely no sense. So I'm kinda lost here, anyone able to help me out?

Even only having the ShotUnderwater effect and removing all other effects doesn't help. I'm now just going to assume it's not actually a particle effect but rather something else. Just to illustrate what I mean: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/308865903688943510/E0ED6A1FE61AD55C25AC5AC45B1408BB16407F9C/The gun flash shouldn't really be there.