Sign in to follow this  
vrakpant

!alive trigger on spawned units using a spawned trigger

Hi! I'm working on a small script to respawn a group of units upon death, mostly as an exercise, so inb4 links to respawn scripts on armaholic.

My script is:

_myGroup = createGroup West;
_Soldier = _myGroup createUnit ["B_Soldier_F", getmarkerpos "start",[],0.8,"Sergeant"];
_Soldier2 = _myGroup createUnit ["B_Soldier_F", getmarkerpos "start",[],0.8,"private"];
_trg = createTrigger ["EmptyDetector", getPos _soldier];
_trg setTriggerActivation ["NONE", "PRESENT", false];
_trg setTriggerStatements ["((!alive _soldier) and (!alive _soldier2))", "hint 'test'",""];

And it passes without any error-messages in the editor, but when I kill _soldier and _soldier2, the hint at the end does not show up. Where did I go wrong, is it the names?

Make the soldier names global, such as Soldier and Soldier2 without the underscore.

You cant use local variables in trigger code. Local variables are local for script after script done your local variables becomes undefined.

You need to storage objects variable on the trigger using setvariable command like this:

_myGroup = createGroup West;
_Soldier = _myGroup createUnit ["B_Soldier_F", getmarkerpos "start",[],0.8,"Sergeant"];
_Soldier2 = _myGroup createUnit ["B_Soldier_F", getmarkerpos "start",[],0.8,"private"];
_trg = createTrigger ["EmptyDetector", getPos _soldier];
_trg setTriggerActivation ["NONE", "PRESENT", false];
_trg setVariable ["soldier", _Soldier];
_trg setVariable ["soldier2", _Soldier2];
_trg setTriggerStatements ["
private ['_soldier', '_soldier2'];
_soldier = thisTrigger getVariable 'soldier';
_soldier2 = thisTrigger getVariable 'soldier2';
!alive _soldier && !alive _soldier2",
"
hint 'test';
",""
];

The difference between AZCoder proposition  is that there will be no global variables "Soldier" and "Soldier2"  on machine where the script was executed.

• Like 1