Sign in to follow this  
snake4199

Can't load mission into eden after editing mission.sqm

I had spent a good 6 hours on editing a mission with the new EDEN release. Now I forgot to edit the displayed mission name, so as I usually do, instead of having to relaunch the entire game, I edited the text in the mission.sqm so that it was fixed. This has always worked in the past, but I noticed the mission was 'Rap'-ped. Now I tested to see what the problem was, and I found out that even saving the mission.sqm (without even changing anything) in a text editor will not allow you to open up your mission. Is there anyway I could fix this?

Here's the first few lines of code. I was getting an "Instead of '='" error in line 0

raP       3.  version 3    EditorData ¤  addons ` A3_Structures_F_Mil_Cargo  A3_Structures_F_Mil_Fortification  A3_Structures_F_Mil_Shelters  A3_Structures_F_Mil_BagBunker  A3_Structures_F_Ind_Tank  A3_Structures_F_Civ_Market  A3_Structures_F_Households_Slum  A3_Structures_F_Mil_Helipads  A3_Structures_F_Heli_Items_Airport  A3_Structures_F_Mil_BagFence  A3_Structures_F_Heli_Items_Luggage  A3_Structures_F_Items_Vessels  A3_Structures_F_EPA_Mil_Scrapyard  A3_Supplies_F_Heli_Fuel  A3_Structures_F_Heli_Ind_AirPort  A3_Structures_F_Walls  A3_Structures_F_Furniture  A3_Structures_F_EPA_Civ_Camping  A3_Structures_F_Civ_InfoBoards  A3_Supplies_F_Heli_CargoNets  A3_Supplies_F_Heli_Bladders  A3_Soft_F_Quadbike  A3_Structures_F_Heli_Ind_Cargo  A3_Structures_F_Heli_Ind_Machines  A3_Structures_F_Heli_Civ_Market  A3_Structures_F_Ind_Cargo  A3_Data_F  A3_Structures_F_Civ_Garbage  A3_Structures_F_Civ_Camping  A3_Structures_F_EPB_Civ_Garbage  A3_Structures_F_EPC_Civ_InfoBoards  A3_Structures_F_Items_Electronics  A3_Soft_F_Gamma_Offroad  a3_soft_f_offroad_01  A3_Weapons_F_Ammoboxes  A3_Structures_F_System  A3_Armor_F_AMV  MELB  HMDs_Kimi_METRIC_RHS  rhs_us_a2_airimport  A3_Structures_F_Mil_Flags  rhsusf_c_hmmwv  rhsusf_vehicles  A3_Soft_F_Gamma_HEMTT  blastcore_vep  A3_Structures_F_Civ_Accessories  A3_Modules_F_Curator_Curator  A3_Characters_F_BLUFOR  a3_characters_f  A3_Modules_F_Multiplayer  alive_main  alive_sys_playeroptions  alive_sys_profile  alive_amb_civ_placement  alive_amb_civ_population  alive_sup_player_resupply  alive_sys_aiskill  alive_mil_c2istar  alive_mil_cqb  alive_mil_opcom  alive_civ_placement  alive_mil_logistics  alive_mil_ied  ace_zeus  ace_common  ace_advanced_ballistics  ace_explosives  ace_hearing  ace_mk6mortar  ace_respawn  ace_captives  ace_cargo  ace_medical  ace_winddeflection  ace_map  ace_repair  ace_sitting  alive_sys_data  ace_rearm  ace_refuel  ace_medical_menu  ace_microdagr  ace_map_gestures  alive_mil_placement  ace_finger  A3_Signs_F  CABuildings  aia_buildings_config  CAMisc_E_WF  CUP_WheeledVehicles_Stryker  CUP_WheeledVehicles_RG31  rhsusf_c_rg33  dar_maxxpro  A3_Soft_F_MRAP_01  rhsusf_c_m113  rhsusf_c_ch53 randomSeed ÀËÚ  Mission ì	  3.  	moveGridStep   €?angleGridStep ’
†>scaleGridStep   €?autoGroupingDist    Atoggles     ItemIDProvider X	   MarkerIDProvider k	   LayerIndexProvider ~	   Camera ‘	  ì	   nextID S  k	   nextID    ~	   nextID    ‘	   pos wî“FS0Cï'â€Fdir  lJ?—¿®Þ<up xÆ’?z‚J?o+¬<aside ’¹= R4²Ã¿ì	    Intel 
   Entities    Connections Ç) 3.   briefingName BRG | Persistent MSO Al-Rayak | ACE3 | RHS | 0.6 | ALiVE  overviewText Start Date: 24 June 2016 | OPFOR: Afghanistan Taliban resistanceWest     resistanceEast   €?startWeather ÌÌÌ=startWind     forecastWeather ÌÌÌ=forecastWind     forecastWaves     year à  month    day    hour    minute    startFogDecay …§¡;forecastFogDecay …§¡;   Å“items    Item0 Ôx   Item1 Ky   Item2 ÃŒy   Item3 az   Item4 íz   Item5 }{   Item6 |   Item7 Ÿ|   Item8 )}   Item9 ¹}   Item10 6~   Item11 ¹~   Item12 C   Item13 à   Item14 :€   Item15 Ê€   Item16 I   Item17 È   Item18 H‚   Item19 Ë‚   Item20 [Æ’   Item21 E„   Item22 ù„   Item23 ¬…   Item24 _†   Item25 ‡   Item26 Ç   Item27 Œˆ   Item28 (‰   Item29 ܉   Item30 Å    Item31 ,‹   Item32 à‹   Item33 â€Å’   Item34 H   Item35  Ž   Item36 ´Ž   Item37 g   Item38    Item39 à   Item40 †‘   Item41 >’   Item42 ò’   Item43 ¤“   Item44 X†  Item45 

Hi,

you have saved your mission with the "binarize scenario" option active.

When you save your mission in Eden, there is the option to binarize your mission on the bottom left of the save dialogue.

You can disable this option by default somewhere in the top menu in Eden.

Hi,

you have saved your mission with the "binarize scenario" option active.

When you save your mission in Eden, there is the option to binarize your mission on the bottom left of the save dialogue.

You can disable this option by default somewhere in the top menu in Eden.

Now I understand this, I was wondering if there was a way to unbinarize this or un-'rap' it since I noticed that the compression/binarization is done through the 'rap' tool used in other files for bohemia interactive games.