denco

Moving units on top of buildings

Is it possible to move units on top of buildings. My intention is for the AI to patrol on a roof of a tower but the unit moves down from it even though the waypoint is attached to the roof.

• Like 1

I have not tried to create a waypoint on top of a structure but putting the AI on the roof is easy enough, just adjust height by ALT + Left Mouse, I have no issue putting them on top of a surface but also snapping them to it. Not sure if this is what you meant though.

If your using the Eden editor, (This is Eden Editor section.) then select the units, then hold alt+ left mouse button and drag them up to the height of the roof. Also use the translation widget for precise placement for each unit.

I have a similar issue. I military cargo building that I placed in the Eden editor, I have placed the units on top of the building. That works fine. But I would like to make the units move to different spots on the roof, but when I set a move waypoint for the units they will go down the stairs instead of moving to that position on the top. Any ideas?

Script that sort highest position in a building. (Sharing the help i had)

private _pos = [_building buildingPos -1, [], {_x#2}, "DESCEND"] call BIS_fnc_sortBy;
private _units = units _grp;
_units joinSilent _grp;
doStop _units;
sleep 0.001;
{
  if (count _pos <= _forEachIndex) exitWith {}; //no more room in building
  _x moveTo _pos#_forEachIndex;
} forEach _units;

Note that the code has to be scheduled.
Also it breaks waypoints.
To make waypoints work again you'll have to do: _units joinSilent _grp;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FCyBRlP-h8