R3vo

Mine Detector

Hi R3vo, I've just finished a very good campaign (Royal Marines - Afghan Missions) that revolves around extensive use of mine detector, using your addon in every mission. It greatly enriches the game play, I enjoyed it very much and I've got two bug reports and a question:

1. (Single Player) The battery continues to be drained when the game is paused. I didn't notice it at first, because the timer stops while paused, but when you resume the game the minutes spent pausing are subtracted from the timer.
  2. (CBA) When you open Configure/Controls/Configure Addons/Mine Detector, the last two positions are switched. The 4th says 'Delete mine markers' and the 5th 'Insert battery', but in fact the key bound to the 4th inserts the battery and the other way round.
  3. Is this normal, or is it my configuration problem, that when I press e.g. 'Ctrl+F8' to enable the detector, I also get a standard menu as if I pressed 'F8' only?

Thanks for your feedback bujalski, I am glad you enjoyed using it.

(Single Player) The battery continues to be drained when the game is paused. I didn't notice it at first, because the timer stops while paused, but when you resume the game the minutes spent pausing are subtracted from the timer.

I'll investigage that.

1. (CBA) When you open Configure/Controls/Configure Addons/Mine Detector, the last two positions are switched. The 4th says 'Delete mine markers' and the 5th 'Insert battery', but in fact the key bound to the 4th inserts the battery and the other way round.

I checked the init and yes, I accidentially named them incorrectly ;) Nice find!

Is this normal, or is it my configuration problem, that when I press e.g. 'Ctrl+F8' to enable the detector, I also get a standard menu as if I pressed 'F8' only?

If you are playing with AI then yes, there is sadly no way around that. I'd recommend putting those actions on the numpad, or even the arrow keys!

Update v1.11

As always, Workshop is already up-to-date, Armaholic and PWS will follow soon.

Changelog:

Version 1.11
*removed*
- removed obsolete entries from stringtable.xml
- removed showcase mission

*added*
- custom objects can now be detected if defined in the module
- Ace mines are now detected by default, no more module needed
- Alive mines are now detected by default, no more module needed
*changed*
- fixed mistakes in the German and English localisation
- fixed bug were insert battery and delete map markers actions were inverted (CBA only)
- fixed Battery would drain, even if game was paused in singleplayer
- optimised performance of some functions
- tweaked text size so it's easier legible

I have just releaded a small hotfix on Steam, Armaholic will follow.

Changelog:

- fixed all RPT errors
- improved mod.cpp overview text

Hello, great mod!

I would like to know, is the PWS repo here up to date?

It says v1.11.0.2 on the page and v1.17 when I use PWS, but it says it was updated on the 17th of July, so I am quite confused right now.

Hello, great mod!

I would like to know, is the PWS repo here up to date?

It says v1.11.0.2 on the page and v1.17 when I use PWS, but it says it was updated on the 17th of July, so I am quite confused right now.

No clue, I am not maintaining PWS myself. Armaholc and Steam however, are both up-to-date.

Hello,

I have a strange problem.

Whatever key or key combination that I try to use for "change battery", I can never change a battery, even though I have plenty on me, in the uniform, the vest and the backpack...

Same problem with the default keys...

Any idea to solve this?

Thanks

Hello,

I have a strange problem.

Whatever key or key combination that I try to use for "change battery", I can never change a battery, even though I have plenty on me, in the uniform, the vest and the backpack...

Same problem with the default keys...

Any idea to solve this?

Thanks

That's odd, just tested it myself and it works as expected. Any conflics with other mods?

When I equip the Mine Detector its functionality from vanilla still remains. Any suggestions?

14 hours ago, Mansee said:

When I equip the Mine Detector its functionality from vanilla still remains. Any suggestions?

No clue, I stopped the developement long before the mine detector update came out.

Just now, R3vo said:

No clue, I stopped the developement long before the mine detector update came out.

Ah, that explains everything :)