Sign in to follow this  
RoF

Generate layers getting stuck

For some reason TB keeps getting stuck when I go to generate layers, it gets anywhere between 50-90% then just stays there. I haven't done anything different then I normally do.

I refreshed content from source, saved it, then done generate layers and went to bed, got up this morning and it was stuck at 60ish %. So I tried it again and that failed. I then removed the sat and surface mask completely from TB, saved and closed it and went and deleted everything in data\layers. After re importing everything again, saved it then closed TB and re opened it, I then tried generating the layers again. It failed again.

I even tried copy and pasting the sat map into a new image file and importing that, still gets stuck!

Whats \source\TerrainBuilder\rof_kintyre.Cache folder for? Would it be worthwhile clearing that folder as well? Or should I just make a new project and re import everything into that :huh:

what one does it get stuck on? sat or mask?

and are these both the same size?

Sat map, through it did go to surface once but got stuck at about 5%. Same size its always been 40960x40960 spilt into 4 images (20480x20480), its been working fine up till last night when it decided it don't want to work anymore lol

have you tried to import it with different format? 

.tiff  .bmp   .img ?

have you tried to import it with different format? 

.tiff  .bmp   .img ?

I've always just used .bmp. I'll go try .tiff, maybe Terrain Builder fancied a change, which wouldn't even surprise me with these tools/game lol

When I wrote my last reply, I had just started re importing it to try again, anyway long story short. It's decided it wants to work now! It's half way through converting to .paa :blink:  I didn't do anything different, TB is weird. Spent all day trying to get it to work.

/Solved ,(Just keep trying in the hope it starts working)