Sign in to follow this  
SGT. SAVAGE

Sound crackle

have 1.46, after a while i get a crackle-static sound, some people gave me some tips to get rid of it but i still get the sound, anyone know how to get rid of it for good?

what sound card and drivers are you using? I have a creative sb live 5.1 gammer. What i did to fix my issue was to go back to the original drivers,you might also try turn off sound acceleration in your direct x settings.

i get sound distortion with my soudblaster live 1024 running resistance with xp pro, ive tryed all that turning off sound acceleration in direct x, didnt work and ive tryed old and new drivers and still nothin

Yeah, it took me like 3 different drivers to get my problem resolved...i finally used the ones off the soundblasterlive cd and it has been working flawless since then. You might try using a registry delete program before you install the new drivers...those crafty sb drivers are hard to delete

And as there are a shed load of "crackle" or "static" threads which could have been found by searching this one can be closed also smile.gif