Sign in to follow this  
SilentEcho

Help with radio

is ther a way to hav more than one radio because i want one radio command to send in tanks and the other to send in infantry, but i can only seem to get one, and how do i get a helicopter to land and take off when u are not the pilot and u arent commanding them. and how do i make ppl join me, because i want to get the ppl from one town and go kill the enemy if any one can help with any of these i would greatly appreceate it

Use the join waypoints for ppl joining you.

Not sure bout the others though. I haven't gotten into scripting much yet.

You can get more radio commands by selecting Radio Alpha/Bravo/etc. from the trigger menu.

You can make seperate triggers, and set them to activate by Radio Alpha, Radio Bravo etc. This should give you more radio commands.

To get AI choppers to land, give them a Get Out WP, then sync that WP to a trigger or something, then give them a Get In WP, followed by a move WP. That way they will land the chopper, get out, wait for the sync to activate (by a trigger or something), then get in and TO.

To make ppl join simply give the player a join and lead WP directly on the Leader of the ppl (that is makesure the editor is on WP mode, place the cursor over the ppl leader [so it highlights his name], double click and make a join and lead WP directly ontop of him). That way when a player reaches that join-and-lead WP, he tell all of them to follow him.

hope it helps

Got your message Silent

Let me give you an example:

Make a player (observer)

Make a west blackhawk. Give it a GET OUT WP near the chopper. Then give it a GET IN WP next to the chopper. Then give it a third MOVE WP anywhere.

Make a trigger, set it to Radio Alpha. Sync the trigger to the GET OUT WP.

Now the pilots will get out the chopper and wait till you've given the radio command to get back in and TO (TO, sorry should have explained shorthand for takeoff).

You don't have to use a radio to trigger the WP, you can activate with anything you want.

Hope it helps smile.gif