Sign in to follow this  
streakeagle

Radeon 8500 beta drivers solve t&l flashing

I have a full speed retail Radeon 8500 128Mb. Whenever I tried hardware T&L, I got intermittent (every few seconds) bright (almost white) flashes of the entire screen. Enabling the W-buffer would cause olive green rectangles to show up in certain areas of terrain or across entire screen.

I decided to try the latest Radeon beta drivers (wme-r8500-4-13-01-9068-efg for Win98SE) even though they were only supposed to solve a few issues with some other game. The new drivers not only gave a slight improvement in fps, but allows T&L and W-buffer to be enabled.

No more white flashes! Pretty nice glint of the sun on the water while flying in a helo. But, it drops the framerate a bit, so I am still playing without T&L or W-buffer.

If someone else needs these drivers (there is also an XP version), try going to Rage3D since they provide good links to these new drivers.

Yep, they work for me too, as I reported earlier on this board and in R3D. However, someone responded having no luck with them. Maybe he had remnants of old drivers haunting...

I have Win2k, so the drivers should fix the issue on XP too since the drivers are practically the same.

Use this thread please smile.gif

Feel free to copy and paste your post in there smile.gif

Closing.