Sign in to follow this  
Longinius

Inquiry

No! You were targeting your own governement!

Just like good little terrorists!!

Sorry! You asked for that one.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sam Samson @ Oct. 19 2002,23:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">you might want to see the detention of those gentlefolks down in cuba as a kind of life insurance for them. because when they are released they will be deported to their countries of origin. and there they will summarily be executed.

how does that strike your bleeding hearts? smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I can assure you that the Swedish citizen who is being held captive won't be executed. The people held in Cuba are not terrorists but Taliban prisoners of war plus some innocent people that were captured.

How do we know that? Since over 6 months have passed since their capture and no charges have been brought against them and they havn't been able to provide any useful information. They havn't been charged with any crime, not even by Bush's infamous military tribunals.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Oct. 19 2002,08:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Or are you trying to say that muslims/Afgani are all religious fanatics?<span id='postcolor'>

No, just AQ and the Taliban.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Oct. 19 2002,08:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Or is it just your view on enemy soldiers.<span id='postcolor'>

No, just AQ and the Taliban.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Oct. 19 2002,08:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If it is then I know what to do with captured US Marines if I ever find myself in a war against the US. A quick execution by a shot through the back of the head will prevent them from continuing their murderous actitivies.<span id='postcolor'>

I'd recommend Kryptonite bullets. Can't be too careful. We, however, will continue to obey the GC w/ respect to lawful combatants.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Oct. 19 2002,08:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Besides, fair is fair, if I was captured they would put me in one of their concentration camps.<span id='postcolor'>

Your assignment, should you choose to accept it, is to provide one instance where the U.S. has failed to treat captured soldiers (which by definition excludes AQ and the Taliban) in accordance w/ the GC.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Oct. 19 2002,08:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">One thing also that you seem to miss: you attacked them, you were the agressor. They were only defending their country and government. The Taliban never did anything against the US.<span id='postcolor'>

Well, we disagree. The only thing they were defending was the ability to terrorize their countrymen. Some "government." Honestly, I'm at a loss as to how you can say the Taliban was innocent. They were gracious hosts to AQ and refused to cooperate in apprehending them even after 9/11.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Oct. 19 2002,08:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just because Bush thinks that guilt by association (with the enemy of the US) is a valid excuse for attacking a country doesn't make it right in any way.<span id='postcolor'>

"enemy of the US?" Don't kid yourself. They're the enemy of everyone in the world who doesn't want militant "Islamic" rule. Some people just haven't realized that yet. (And before someone tries the "racist" thing again, the quotation marks above are meant to show that I don't consider AQ & Co. to be true Muslims.)

Semper Fi

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Longinius @ Oct. 19 2002,12:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We will see if you still support it when its your brother or best friend that is sitting caged someplace, without a chance to a trial, without being accused, without contact with his family and without any rights what so ever.<span id='postcolor'>

I can think of about 3,000 people that didn't get trials, either. Sorry if this seems cold-hearted, but I'll save my sympathy for them and not the people that killed them (directly or indirectly).

Semper Fi

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Oct. 19 2002,13:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I am just questioning how much improvement we have done by our neocolonial interventions in the country. I'm not sad a bit for the Taliban, but the price to remove them was high and the situation that we have left there is not good.<span id='postcolor'>

It's a work in progress. "Rome wasn't built in a day" and all that.

Semper Fi

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Oct. 19 2002,14:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Some countries(not pointing any fingers) can remember the past mighty quickly when it suits them.

Al Queda terrorists, but of course the Mujihoudin(bad spelling) where little angels.<span id='postcolor'>

Do you not see a difference between flying civilian airliners into civilian buildings and driving out an invading army?

While the Mujahadeen were never considered "little angels," we did have common objectives. It's safe to say our paths diverged after '89.  

Semper Fi

Personally, I wouldn't care if *every* member of AQ was executed. When you join such and organization, you know DAMN WELL what you're getting into. BTW, the proper adjective to describe people/things/etc. of Afghanistan is Afghan. Not Afghani. My Gov't teacher gave a lecture on this today.

Can you recall any war crime that USMC or other American troops have committed war crimes while under command of their CO's? (My Lai doesn't count, because they were disobeying orders. AQ is ORDERED to commit war crimes). Denoir, if you so desire to kill US troops, why don't you move to Iraq? You might get a single shot off before they wax you.

The only reason you Europeans don't care about terrorism is becuase you haven't experienced REAL terrorism on the scale of 9-11 or the infitadada in Israel or the IRA.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (E6Hotel @ Oct. 20 2002,14:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">While the Mujahadeen were never considered "little angels," we did have common objectives. It's safe to say our paths diverged after '89.  

Semper Fi<span id='postcolor'>

Only worthwhile well they were of use ay? wink.gif

Point beeing that most(yup, I would say my gov would too) goverments are willing to support a group, no matter how imoral they are, as long as they are achieving something that they want.

As soon as they stop giving the goverment what they want, sorry, but we no longer need you.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PFC_Mike @ Oct. 20 2002,15:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Personally, I wouldn't care if *every* member of AQ was executed.

The only reason you Europeans don't care about terrorism is becuase you haven't experienced REAL terrorism on the scale of 9-11 or the infitadada in Israel or the IRA.<span id='postcolor'>

Im sure most people here have the same opinion, but the point is, why dont they? At the moment, they just have all these hundreds of people sitting there, and they are doing little with them. I say try(in court/military tribunial) them, then either release them, lock them up or kill them. Stop wasting tax payers money with them just sitting there.

And about Europeans and terrorism, Europe has plenty of terrorism, even if it isnt on the scale of Sep 11.

But Ireland has plenty of violence, and Ireland is in Europe, and what happens there effects the Brittish who happen to Europeans smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PFC_Mike @ Oct. 20 2002,0703)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Can you recall any war crime that USMC or other American troops have committed war crimes while under command of their CO's? (My Lai doesn't count, because they were disobeying orders. AQ is ORDERED to commit war crimes). Denoir, if you so desire to kill US troops, why don't you move to Iraq? You might get a single shot off before they wax you.<span id='postcolor'>

Easy, Turbo. He was just trying to make a point. Any way you cut it My Lai was a war crime, probably the lowest point in U.S. history. There's no justifying it, but we can learn from it so that it doesn't happen again.

Semper Fi

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Oct. 20 2002,07:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (E6Hotel @ Oct. 20 2002,14:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">While the Mujahadeen were never considered "little angels," we did have common objectives. It's safe to say our paths diverged after '89.  

Only worthwhile well they were of use ay? wink.gif

Point beeing that most(yup, I would say my gov would too) goverments are willing to support a group, no matter how imoral they are, as long as they are achieving something that they want.

As soon as they stop giving the goverment what they want, sorry, but we no longer need you.<span id='postcolor'>

one thing I find ironic is that Afghanistan would be pretty much the only nation where US did not bother to stay. US has been accused of sticking their nose in world affairs and building bases, yet when US left Afghanistan alone, ppl were saying that was wrong after 9-11.

ans don't call a Brit an European. they might get offended. wink.giftounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Oct. 20 2002,16:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ans don't call a Brit an European. they might get offended. wink.gif  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Only used it becuase I needed to make a point smile.gif

It seems to me that the US doesn't need to target civilians, they usualy hit them anyway. Last time i checked, civilian casualties in Afghanistan since the US invation was at something like 5-6000, and that was some months ago.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PFC_Mike @ Oct. 20 2002,07:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Personally, I wouldn't care if *every* member of AQ was executed. When you join such and organization, you know DAMN WELL what you're getting into.<span id='postcolor'>

You still don't get it. It is not a question of how AQ and other terrorists have been treated. It is a question of PROVING that the people you have captured are terrorists, and no such evidence has been presented in any way, since there is none.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Can you recall any war crime that USMC or other American troops have committed war crimes while under command of their CO's? (My Lai doesn't count, because they were disobeying orders. AQ is ORDERED to commit war crimes). <span id='postcolor'>

Not only do I recall, but I have seen the effects of it with my own eyes. The third stage of operation allied force in Kosovo was the bombing of civilian infrastructures in Serbia. TV-stations, factories, government buildings, economic institutes etc were bombed on purpose and announced as such. There were only civilians in those targets and yet NATO bombed them without having any second thoughts.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The only reason you Europeans don't care about terrorism is becuase you haven't experienced REAL terrorism on the scale of 9-11 or the infitadada in Israel or the IRA.<span id='postcolor'>

You are very wrong there. Read up on some history. Europe has always been the prime target of terrorists. Remeber the Red Brigades? The sum of our victims of terrorism far exceed the number of people killed in the WTC attacks.

Btw. IRA is the Irish Republican Army and Ireland is in Europe last time I checked wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (E6Hotel @ Oct. 20 2002,06:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Longinius @ Oct. 19 2002,12:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We will see if you still support it when its your brother or best friend that is sitting caged someplace, without a chance to a trial, without being accused, without contact with his family and without any rights what so ever.<span id='postcolor'>

I can think of about 3,000 people that didn't get trials, either. Sorry if this seems cold-hearted, but I'll save my sympathy for them and not the people that killed them (directly or indirectly).

Again, until you provide some proof.. have you heard the term "Innocent until proven guilty?"

As for the lawful combatant part - it is also the fault of GC for being out of date. It was designed during the world wars when the war was between western nations that have a tradition of uniforms. IMO the lack of a uniform doesn't automatically make you a terrorist.

The Taliban were thugs that effectivly contributed to the deterioration of their country and opressed their people. Does that make them terrorists? No!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Oct. 20 2002,10:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As for the lawful combatant part - it is also the fault of GC for being out of date. It was designed during the world wars when the war was between western nations that have a tradition of uniforms. IMO the lack of a uniform doesn't automatically make you a terrorist.<span id='postcolor'>

nust nitpicking, but most civilization had military made of uniforms.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Oct. 20 2002,10:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Again, until you provide some proof.. have you heard the term "Innocent until proven guilty?"<span id='postcolor'>

See the top of page four.

Again.

Semper Fi

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Oct. 20 2002,10:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The only reason you Europeans don't care about terrorism is because you haven't experienced REAL terrorism on the scale of 9-11 or the infitadada in Israel or the IRA.<span id='postcolor'><span id='postcolor'>

No the reason why we dont overreact so much is because we are not as surprised about it as you are. Noone ever attacked the heart of the US. New York, the centre of international Banking, this is a town that rises the impression the nation cannot be hurt because of its power. There is no nation in the world where civillians have been so far away and protected from war as in the US. People start to believe they cannot be hurt (especially if someone tells them a Rocket-defense-system worth billion ensures security). It was a shoch to the US and shocks makes even intellectual people overreact. Believing people no longer deserve a trial is uncivilised and I dont believe the US is generally uncivilised, so they are very shocked.

And terorism existed and still exists in a lot in europe. If you visisted the France during the last years you would have been surprised not to find a single garbage bin in the Metro. The Isreali embassy in Germany is protected by a tank, or do you remember the olympics in Munich where the entire israeli athletes were blown to dust by pals. Or have you heard of the RAF that killed many important industrialists in Germany. No, I just think we were not a shocked as you were about the fact that "we CAN be hurt"

Plain and simple,

OUR GOVERNMENT is hypocritical(spelling?).

we bomb the shit out of countries for "human rights" and "freedom". Then imprison HUNDREDS of people with no official reason and not allow them to call anyone or even tell them what is happening. We have to stop this shit, I mean for christs sake, why do you think we had 9-11 ??

The bully always gets hit back.

When you get so mad that you are gonna get violent, go *puff a bowl. tounge.gif