Sign in to follow this  
silentghoust

Mechanics of flares vs missiles.

So could anybody actually explain to me game mechanics wise how flares work? Is it just a percent chance that each flare might throw off the missile lock? Do they actually lock on to the flare entity? 

For tips on avoiding missiles check out my post in this thread: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/184802-tactics-to-counter-rockets/

I can not give you the numbers, but in general as you pop flares/chaff the missile will in most cases go straight towards the location it was aiming to reach before you popped flares and air-burst at that point in air-space. A lot of inexperienced pilots that wishes flares/chaff was pop-and-forget, mistake the air-burst disabling most if not all systems instead to straight blowing up the heli as a direct hit. How to use this for best survival odds look at the link in the top of my post.

This should probably be moved to questions and answers.

For tips on avoiding missiles check out my post in this thread: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/184802-tactics-to-counter-rockets/

I can not give you the numbers, but in general as you pop flares/chaff the missile will in most cases go straight towards the location it was aiming to reach before you popped flares and air-burst at that point in air-space. A lot of inexperienced pilots that wishes flares/chaff was pop-and-forget, mistake the air-burst disabling most if not all systems instead to straight blowing up the heli as a direct hit. How to use this for best survival odds look at the link in the top of my post.

This should probably be moved to questions and answers.

Thank you for the reply but not quiet the info I was looking for. What I'm asking is exactly how the game mechanics work. As in from a coding prospective. I seen a lot of explanations via observations, but I have yet to read a full explanation from a programmers or game developers prospective. Is it a simple chance based variable? Or a more dynamic system?