Sign in to follow this  
zinntheinvader

Simplified squad leader commands via scripting?

Most of my time spent playing ArmA is spent commanding squads of AI in SP and COOP scenarios and although I've gotten used to using the function, number keys and scroll wheel I have an idea that I hope would make things a bit more streamlined.

What I envision is being able to write a script that allows you to bind certain AI commands to a few simple hotkeys on the keyboard. For example to issue a suppressive fire command you could press Ctrl+S and the selected AI would be given a suppressive fire order at the location you are aiming at. Basically I would just like to know if something like this can be done and maybe a bit of a headstart as to where I should be looking.

Any help on the topic would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Have a look at the Samo mod in my sig... it does some of what you are asking  :)

Thanks man. I found SAMO in my search but missed the part where it was no longer in the action menu. Is that a mod you worked on?

Yeah... it got moved to cba keybinding pretty quickly to take it out of the action menu.

So remember keybindings for the menu, quick suppress and rapid action cease fire can be changed once in game in controls and then in configure addons.

And yes... I lost sleep to it with Mikey74 and Sttosin lol

It really could use an update but it suffices for now.

Awesome. It seems like it will do everything I am looking for but out of curiosity would you be able to direct me to some key areas of the editor documentation that you used when scripting the keybinding?

Oh wait... You said it was done via CBA keybinding. Duh, I didn't even think to look there. I'll have to check out the documentation when I get home.

Keep in mind it won't allow you to hotkey anything you want... we set up some of the commands that are needed quickly or were broken so that you could order that in 2 buttons by using the menu... if you have any feature requests feel free to post them in the Samo thread... no guarantees but if it makes sense we can look at it. ..