Sign in to follow this  
_qor

Check player is not seen by enemy

Hey there,

I want to wide the friend/enemy conditions a bit. So even if the player is regarded as enemy to a side, it can be setCaptive true.

The conditions for this are fullfilled if the player has no weapon or is inside unarmored car.

This is the loop:

while {checkCaptive} do {

if (vehicle player != player &&
(vehicle player isKindOf "LandVehicle" OR vehicle player isKindOf "UAZ_AGS30_Base") &&
!(vehicle player isKindOf "Motorcycle") && !(vehicle player isKindOf "StaticWeapon") &&
!(vehicle player isKindOf "HMMWV_Base") && !(vehicle player isKindOf "Offroad_DSHKM_base") &&
!(vehicle player isKindOf "Pickup_PK_base") && !(vehicle player isKindOf "MTVR") &&
!(vehicle player isKindOf "Ural_Base_withTurret") && !(vehicle player isKindOf "Ural_ZU23_Base") &&
!(vehicle player isKindOf "Wheeled_APC") && !(vehicle player isKindOf "Tank") ) then 

{player setCaptive true}

else 

{

if (vehicle player == player && primaryWeapon player == "" && secondaryWeapon player == "") then {player setCaptive true} else {player setCaptive false};

};

sleep 1;

};

player setCaptive false;

And the question is how to control if the loop stops or continues. So if the player has been identified as enemy, the loop has to stop so it wont set the player to captive true again. Unfortunately I realized too late that knowsAbout is not suitable for this, because its result doesnt decrease properly.

Actually I wanted to stop the loop if west knowsAbout player >= 0.105 and to continue it if < 0.105.
So is there better way to check if the player is not seen/detected by side west? I would combine that with a specific period of time this condition must be true (timeout).