Sign in to follow this  
Mattastic

Can't convert textures into .paa

Hey everyone, I am having a small problem that just started happening and I am not sure on how to resolve it. To be short, when I set up my initial mapframe after importing all the required data, everything worked fine. I was able to convert exported textures into ,paa's then no problem. Now, after doing some more work to include adding some more surfaces, placing objects, and minor terrain manipulation I no longer am able to check the box to convert the textures. As it is now I can generate the layers but without being able to convert them. Does anyone know what could have cause this and/or how I can fix it? I will post a picture below to show the exact selection that I can not make.

TaNqm6Rh.png

Just clicking 'Export satellite texture' allows me to select 'Convert exported textures into .paa'

check your previous settings maybe ?

Yes I have a normal map, and yes, clicking "Export Satellite texture" would also allow me to select 'Convert exported textures into .paa' before. However, now even with that checked the convert into .paa selection remains grey and unselectable.

I have a new issue that I think is relative to the one I am having in Terrain builder. Now, whenever I try to open .p3d's in Oxygen, I am prompted with an error "Missing registry entry" I posted a pic to display the error in full. The reason I find it relative is the fact that the error is coming from a texture convert tool. Anyone come across a problem like this?

pxqBjFjh.png

Pretty sure from memory you have to run them once from the tools menu from Steam once, that sets up the registry entries.

So run Arma Tools, then launch the applications once from it, after that you should be ok.

Just to be clear, this problem is new and has not affected my use of the tools for almost a year. It seems to have come out of nowhere.

I did as you said and this happened:

edFy97Lw7h.png:

I also have validated my cache multiple times and it is always 100% validated.

RGiXwZ9h.png

Alright so it seems I have fixed my issue by simply restarting Arma 3 Tools. I guess I had it open too long?

Arma logic, it isn't logical.

Still it's fixed at least, with the tools though they could very well be broken tomorrow again.