Sign in to follow this  
jimbop

mikeros tools wiped over PATH??

my environment paths been over written by mikeros tools.  :angry:

anyway to restore this other than system restore??

Mikeros tools only alter the Arma files (The a3 folder found in your P drive), i've never known mine to alter anything else.

my environment paths been over written by mikeros tools.  :angry:

anyway to restore this other than system restore??

this is a known issue with winamp's nsis installer. the latest tool sets (both free and subscriber) are failry succesful at avoiding it. basically you have too many apps installed on your pc, all of them wanting to swamp the environpath which, for nsis, has a 1k buffer limitation. 1k of paths to hunt is normally more than ample for an unstressed pc. more than that and your pc slows down in reaction time to find and load any given exe.

i don't have any answer for you re recovery and am sorry to hear it happened to you, but, as mentioned, the later toolsets amost certainly prevent it happening.

ive had to system restore.

this is my path..

C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD APP\bin\x86_64;C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD APP\bin\x86;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Shared;C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Ulead Systems\MPEG;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\Backburner\;C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Mikero\DePboTools\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\;C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel® Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel® Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel® Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel® Management Engine Components\IPT

you can see mikeros tools already on there.

all I done was to update each tool, I think it was depbo which wiped all the above, just leaving 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Mikero\DePboTools\bin'

not happy.

EDIT.

just updated tools using the community tools updater and...yep, it wiped all variables off again!

why does it need to update path when it already has an entry there?..cant it check?

I think you should at least give a warning that installing these tools can break your computers environment path.